Waeco 215 ltr fridge /freezer

Has any one had trouble with fridge /freezer not holding temp when small quantity of food are in fridge and freezer and when out side temp is 17/20c ?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Tim F3 - Tuesday, Sep 15, 2015 at 17:50

Tuesday, Sep 15, 2015 at 17:50
Cant comment on a waeco but my bushman 12 volt fridge holds temp weather full or empty to plus or minus 2 deg c of the set temp.
AnswerID: 590391

Reply By: Stone Stomper - Wednesday, Sep 16, 2015 at 20:38

Wednesday, Sep 16, 2015 at 20:38
You may find it is the defrost cycle which took me ages to find out it goes into a defrost cycle and won't come on even if the fridge temp rises, I got sent how the fridge works from the Weaco below, they didn't even know to start with as they changed the thermostat in the fridge because it would stop working noticing the condenser at the back of the fridge would defrost and no matter how long you held your hand on the thermostat the fridge would still not kick on.

I also run mine on 4-5 during the day if warm and I also filled the sides of the fridge cavity with polystyrene also doing the top and back of fridge and found the fridge now holds -3 when it was 48deg outside.

If you would like the defrost cycle chart email me at stonestomper@bigpond.com

Christian
AnswerID: 590428

Follow Up By: Member - G G 4 7 W A - Wednesday, Sep 16, 2015 at 21:31

Wednesday, Sep 16, 2015 at 21:31
Hi Christian My fridge cycles but will not keep going to get the fridge freezer colder ,if I increase the temp in the fridge it work well.
I will email you for the defrost chart.
FollowupID: 858440

Reply By: Member - ACD 1 - Wednesday, Sep 16, 2015 at 21:53

Wednesday, Sep 16, 2015 at 21:53
G G

Believe it or not, the less the amount of food in a fridge, the harder the fridge has to work to keep everything cold. The fridge has to cycle more often, uses more power and becomes less efficient.

Apparently it is harder to keep the air cold than it is the food. The food holds the cold - something about thermal loading. Someone will explain it.

I always put bottles of water (or maybe something else) in to bulk out the fridge. If we are running the freezer as well, we will have a cook up and freeze more food and/or put water bottles in.

Cheers

Anthony
AnswerID: 590430

Sponsored Links