Elinz brand TOYOTA CAR GPS DVD Player Dual DVB-T TV Stereo

Submitted: Thursday, Sep 17, 2015 at 18:41
ThreadID: 130313 Views:2424 Replies:6 FollowUps:7
This Thread has been Archived
Does anybody have feedback in regards to Elinz brand gps/dvd/radio

http://www.elinz.com.au/buy/toyota-car-gps-dvd-player-stereo-radio-cdc-hilux-100series-prado/toyotadvb

looking at getting one or similar for wifes 100 series landcruiser. She wanted a reversing camera, which lead to sat nav, which lead to bluetooth phone etc. So hence the above unit. Have not found any reviews on the above, so hoping someone out there may have experience with this unit or another.

cheers Warren

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Slow one - Thursday, Sep 17, 2015 at 19:08

Thursday, Sep 17, 2015 at 19:08
Warren,
I have an Elinz reversing camera for vehicle and van. Elinz are good to deal with and back their product which for me has been excellent.
AnswerID: 590454

Follow Up By: Member - warren G (VIC) - Friday, Sep 18, 2015 at 07:03

Friday, Sep 18, 2015 at 07:03
thanks for reply still looking into it ,cheers warren
FollowupID: 858477

Reply By: Member - KeithB - Friday, Sep 18, 2015 at 00:11

Friday, Sep 18, 2015 at 00:11
Mine packed up after 9 months.
Had it taken out and replaced with the old one and sent it back, at my expense.
Auto sparky once again pulled the old one out only to find that they had sent the wrong wiring loom. Put the old one back at my expense and argued for a new loom.
New loom arrived and the thing shorted out as soon as the aerial was earthed. Main circuit board was fried. Old radio went back in, once again at my expense.
Elinz refused to replace it but offered to repair after much argument. Not trusting their repair I opted for an 80% refund.
My advice: Don't buy one. Buy a decent navigator and a good stereo unit instead - or spend $900-$1,300 on a decent combined unit, because I am told that's what they should cost.
The Elinz unit is cheap for a reason. Liked the Bluetooth though, for nine months anyway.
Keith
AnswerID: 590461

Follow Up By: Member - warren G (VIC) - Friday, Sep 18, 2015 at 07:20

Friday, Sep 18, 2015 at 07:20
sorry to hear that Keith that the thing with all in one units ,when the go you loose everything cheers Warren

just noticed the thanks button helpful but some how i feel if someone takes time to answer a request i should take time to thank them and pushing a thanks button seems to short sell it or am i to old fashioned
FollowupID: 858478

Follow Up By: Member - KeithB - Friday, Sep 18, 2015 at 09:53

Friday, Sep 18, 2015 at 09:53
Thanks Warren. Appreciate that.
I should add that the unit I got was unbranded and a buyer could end up getting the same junk form another supplier.
Keith
FollowupID: 858481

Follow Up By: vk1dx - Saturday, Sep 19, 2015 at 09:23

Saturday, Sep 19, 2015 at 09:23
That was bad luck Keith.

We bought a VMS box (luckily cheaper now) back in 2009. No issues at all. Had all the bells and whistles from Bluetooth to rear camera (can hook up two) and WinCE. They are partly assembled in Oz. That's why the extra cost. Our labour is expensive.

Anyway what I wanted to mention was; I wouldn't have stuff stuck to the windscreen. They can be deadly projectiles in a prang and they obscure you view.

Each to their own.

Phil

PS: I just wish it had WiFi to the PC in the house for transferring videos from trips and files for the next trip.
FollowupID: 858494

Reply By: Member - bbuzz (NSW) - Friday, Sep 18, 2015 at 00:36

Friday, Sep 18, 2015 at 00:36
Hi Warren,

Go to www.digoptions.com.

They have a combined unit with all the bells and whistles for a very reasonable price.

Good to deal with re problems if any.

I have a unit in both my Prados including rear and caravan cameras.

Straightforward installation.

bill
Bill B

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 590464

Follow Up By: Member - warren G (VIC) - Friday, Sep 18, 2015 at 17:05

Friday, Sep 18, 2015 at 17:05
thanks for that the digoptions unit looks good even though most of this stuff goes over my head , i still use melway and paper maps but nothing with learning to use new stuff either
cheers Warren
FollowupID: 858489

Reply By: Ross M - Friday, Sep 18, 2015 at 09:06

Friday, Sep 18, 2015 at 09:06
I notice the unit has TV as well. With either a DVD or the TV going, the missus can then watch her favourite shows while she drives. Good stuff!
AnswerID: 590466

Follow Up By: Member - warren G (VIC) - Friday, Sep 18, 2015 at 16:59

Friday, Sep 18, 2015 at 16:59
good idea Ross i will pass your suggestion on to her but i don't think the moderator will allow her response, as from experience it would make a dock worker cringe and get me kicked from this site
cheers Warren

FollowupID: 858488

Reply By: vk1dx - Friday, Sep 18, 2015 at 09:50

Friday, Sep 18, 2015 at 09:50
I was wondering about running OziCE on it.

The rep said "Our units are proven to work with OZI usually what will happen if you have 2 types of map in the sd card, to use the 2nd map you just need to set the gps path way which map to use"

Phil
AnswerID: 590467

Follow Up By: vk1dx - Friday, Sep 18, 2015 at 09:57

Friday, Sep 18, 2015 at 09:57
I should have mentioned that the response only says that yes Ozi will run but it doesn't give a 4WD verses Street menu option that would appear on the screen. It may be there so ask them. Ours has it. No need to change the map path. Just modify the menu to call Ozi or what ever you prefer.

Worth checking more with them if you are interested.

Having it actually in the dash is a huge advantage over stuff that is simply stuch on the windscreen or anything that could be a projectile in a prang.

I must also add that their chat system was every quick and informative.

Phil
FollowupID: 858482

Reply By: maurice b - Saturday, Sep 19, 2015 at 23:09

Saturday, Sep 19, 2015 at 23:09
I think all these win ce 5-6 chinese indash nav systems are junk and the australian branded ones a way overpriced. I have fitted and owned many of them including the windscreen mounted type.Have programmed them to run any wind ce program including placing start buttons on home screen which they should come with . They are unrealiable many crash a lot .There processors are slow and have low resolution screen, hard to see at angle as most dont face you . For true navigation you a much better off with a stand alone quality Android tablet or an ipad . These can also be used as a reverse camera with a wifi reverse camera plus much more. Win ce is almost obsolete in nav/ entertainment devices.
AnswerID: 590497

Sponsored Links