coromal pioneer silhouette 392 - help needed with annex erection.

Submitted: Sunday, Sep 20, 2015 at 11:28
ThreadID: 130339 Views:3610 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all, very new to this forum so hope I don't make any errors in posting this.

We recently purchased a silhouette 392 and have been unable to identify what 2x 400mm open ended sleeves positioned at front and back (top) of the annex is used for. Ill try to attach two pics.

It appears that a pole can be inserted but not sure. We do have 2 poles 1100mm long poles left after the entire annex is constructed, so assuming they would be relevant. However, if you use these poles how do they stay in the open ended Velcro sleeve?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: disco driver - Sunday, Sep 20, 2015 at 22:48

Sunday, Sep 20, 2015 at 22:48
Looking at your photo I notice that the name of the canvas works is plainly visible.
They made it, give them a ring and ask how it goes together.

Disco.
AnswerID: 590531

Follow Up By: disco driver - Monday, Sep 21, 2015 at 19:10

Monday, Sep 21, 2015 at 19:10
Hi,
I just had another look at your picture, the top one and had an idea.
When the annexe is fully erected, would those two Velcro tubes unzip and then Velcro together as the closing mechanism on the corner
Sorry, can't help with the two tubes though

Disco.
FollowupID: 858579

Reply By: Member - Phil 'n Jill (WA) - Sunday, Sep 20, 2015 at 22:57

Sunday, Sep 20, 2015 at 22:57
We had a Silhouette a few years back but I can't recognize our setup from your pics.

Don't recall the white sleeves on ours - in fact the whole setup looks different as ours came from zipped bags along the roof line, where yours appear to be OVER the roof.

I think a call to Coromal might be best.

Good luck with it - just wondering if you have all the necessary equipment?

The two poles look like central supports from memory - from van out to the end of the awning (as opposed to from ground up - 1100 being too short for uprights.)

Regards Phil
Phil 'n Jill (WA)

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 590532

Reply By: Pegasus_rise - Tuesday, Sep 22, 2015 at 07:27

Tuesday, Sep 22, 2015 at 07:27
Hi Browns Camping

The two poles that you have left over, I believe, are used as a safety prop to make sure that your camper lid/roof cannot collapse should your ratchet and cable wind up system ever fail. They are inserted, at diagonally opposite corners, next to the telescopic wind up poles as soon as you wind the camper roof up. You have canvas flaps that fold over the telescopic poles, at each of the four corners, and they not only look neat, but hold the safety poles in place.

Secondly, the white velcro "sleeves" on your main awning, they are designed to come down and fit over the telescopic supports. Holds the awning sides firm. The caravan canvas flaps that normally go over the telescopic poles then velcros to the awning and you can wrap it in toward the caravan canvas to finish.

Hope this helps.

Gary
AnswerID: 590579

Sponsored Links