Comment: GeckoCampers Build Blog Slide On Camper

I saw one of these campers in action and I was so impressed that when my circumstances changed and I needed a new setup I placed one of these campers on order. Peter at Gecko is very experienced and knows what he is doing. Nothing is to much trouble and his campers are a quality product. I typically do a 3 month plus trip every year so the little things are very important to me. I will do a review after my first extended trip but I am expecting it will be great.
What other people think of me is none of my business.
Do unto others what you would have them do unto you.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 3 Moderator

Reply By: Member - John - Sunday, Sep 20, 2015 at 12:31

Sunday, Sep 20, 2015 at 12:31
Chris, I just had a look at the slide show of the Gecko and it did look good, but would have liked to see more pics of the completed product. I could look at the website, lol. I am looking forward to your review. Don't need one, have a wagon, but like to see quality Australian made products do well. I have an Aussie Swag camper, one of the last aussie made campers. Stand from under, ready for the flak..............
John and Jan

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 590510

Follow Up By: Idler Chris - Sunday, Sep 20, 2015 at 12:53

Sunday, Sep 20, 2015 at 12:53
I had a Toyota 100 series wagon with a Hanibal RTT until I wrote it off in Arnhamland a few months ago. This camper on a spacecab trayback will be the replacement.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 858523

Reply By: Member - John - Sunday, Sep 20, 2015 at 12:46

Sunday, Sep 20, 2015 at 12:46
Chris, just a quick question? What holds the bedding in place when packing up? Is it just the canvas or is there another method? Just curious.
John and Jan

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 590513

Follow Up By: Idler Chris - Sunday, Sep 20, 2015 at 12:55

Sunday, Sep 20, 2015 at 12:55
The bedding is in a large bag which you do up before you flip it over, pretty easy really.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 858524

Reply By: Bob Y. - Qld - Sunday, Sep 20, 2015 at 13:05

Sunday, Sep 20, 2015 at 13:05
You have any idea of the weight, Chris? The design appears to be very light but strong.

Very similar to a Trayon too. Good and airy, with room to cook "upstairs" if the weather was a bit extreme.

Bob

Seen it all, Done it all.
Can't remember most of it.

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 590514

Follow Up By: Idler Chris - Sunday, Sep 20, 2015 at 13:21

Sunday, Sep 20, 2015 at 13:21
Peter has also builds aluminium boats so he knows what strong is. We all know weight is a killer and I cannot remember the exact weight but I can remember that I though it was very reasonable. A call to Peter at Gecko will get the answer. A very important factor is weight distribution and the Gecko has all the heavy components like fridge, tanks, batteries etc well forward so over, or forward of the axle. While cooking is designed to be outside, it is possible to take a cooker inside, and as the fridge is also accessible from the inside, this is quite practical should the weather not play the game.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 858527

Sponsored Links