Finke Gorge National park

Submitted: Thursday, May 20, 2004 at 21:50
ThreadID: 13039 Views:1570 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I want to know whether anyone recently has taken a camper trailer into Boggy Hole. I have a GU Patrol 3lTD and a Kimberly Kamper. I have heard that firstly it is a difficult track and secondly that the Rangers are not too happy about trailers being taken in. Happy to hear about anyones experience. Scooter
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Willem - Thursday, May 20, 2004 at 21:59

Thursday, May 20, 2004 at 21:59
Do an archive search, mate....there has been plenty posted on this subject. Close and around Boggy Hole the sand is very soft. Tyre pressures down to 14psi on truck and 8psi on trailer. What you have heard is correct but there is nothing stopping you going there.

Cheers
AnswerID: 59494

Reply By: Member - Melissa - Friday, May 21, 2004 at 11:58

Friday, May 21, 2004 at 11:58
A bloke I know took his trailer in there last year. He said it was a bit tricky but with care he didn't have any problems. Incidently, his trip was Perth across Great Central Road, around central Oz then up the Tanami and across the GRR including Mitchell Plateau and Kalumburu, the home via the NW Coastal Hwy. He reckoned Boggy Hole was his favourite part of the trip and can't wait to go back.

:o) Melissa
AnswerID: 59540

Reply By: duncs - Friday, May 21, 2004 at 15:39

Friday, May 21, 2004 at 15:39
Met a guy in Alice October last year who had just come through Finke with a trailer behind his old 4 Runner. It was a tired looking old car but he said it was no problem through Boggy Hole etc.

Duncs
AnswerID: 59584

Reply By: DrewT - Monday, May 24, 2004 at 09:54

Monday, May 24, 2004 at 09:54
Am going on the boggy hole track as part of a trip this Jul. Am taking a (rented) TVan & majority of advice i have got (mostly from this forum) is that it will be ok. Even the place i am renting from (Guests 4WD in Melb) don't have a problem. Aside from all this advice i will still be getting last minute advice from the rangers when i get up there
AnswerID: 59866

Sponsored Links