100 series 4.5 petrol leak

Submitted: Saturday, Sep 26, 2015 at 21:06
ThreadID: 130413 Views:1477 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi Guys,
I am having trouble with the fuel rail pulsation dampener on my 6cyl petrol landcruiser.
It is occasionally leaking through the small screw in the top of it. I have so far replaced 3 of these and they are failing more regualry!
Is the problem with this part or is there another problem some where else that I should be looking.
This car also runs on LPG too.
Any info will help
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Ron N - Sunday, Sep 27, 2015 at 01:23

Sunday, Sep 27, 2015 at 01:23
David, have you been replacing just the screw, or the entire pulse dampener? If you have been replacing the complete dampener, are you fitting aftermarket or genuine?
The leak comes from the diaphragm in the pulse dampener developing a tear in it.
They're a troublesome device in many Toyotas, and in fact quite a number of Japanese vehicles.
There have been rumblings from many unhappy owners on numerous forums about how the pulse dampeners are that unreliable, there should have been a recall on them.
If you have faulty (sticky) injectors, that may be causing pressure spikes and shortening the life of the dampener.

Cheers, Ron.
AnswerID: 590778

Reply By: Member - Alastair D (NSW) - Sunday, Sep 27, 2015 at 07:24

Sunday, Sep 27, 2015 at 07:24
David,
if you have not already done so join LCOOL which is the LC owners forum and a huge resource.
AnswerID: 590781

Sponsored Links