Wollemi National Park

Hi Guys

I'm heading out to go and pick up a few things on Saturday and though I'd go and explore a bit after.
I need to collect a few items in KANDOS and thought about exploring Wollemi National Park.
Does anybody know if any of the 3 sections marked on this map are drivable?

The plan is to go camp somewhere in FORSTER for the rest of the weekend, but if I can avoid the blacktop between KANDOS and FORSTER as much as possible that would be awesome.

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Gronk - Tuesday, Sep 29, 2015 at 20:58

Tuesday, Sep 29, 2015 at 20:58
I can't quite see those spots close up as I can't enlarge your photo, but no.2, definitely not, no.1 and no.3 seem to be the ends of a couple of valleys, so no 4wding as well...how old is your map ?

I think in no.2 , the rd you might see is now only accessible by pushbike......my brother did it last weekend ..

Apart from Dunns swamp and Commission rd near Bulga , travelling thru Wollemi nat park has been banned for a lot of years.

At Sandy Hollow, head to Scone, then over the Barrington Tops to Gloucester......a lot of dirt, lookouts and great scenery.
AnswerID: 590866

Follow Up By: KingKiwi - Tuesday, Sep 29, 2015 at 21:38

Tuesday, Sep 29, 2015 at 21:38
Thanks Gronk.

I have checked a few maps, some show the tracks and some don't hence my question. When checking the EOTopo map (Online version) it definitely shows the track number 2 in my picture.

I'll do some reading on your suggestion.
Thanks
FollowupID: 858952

Follow Up By: Gronk - Wednesday, Sep 30, 2015 at 09:23

Wednesday, Sep 30, 2015 at 09:23
Yes, there definitely is tracks in there and the one you show thru Coricudgy is locked....same as all other tracks thru Wollemi.....the rare pine fixed all that.

Only way is right round I'm afraid !!

Pity you didn't have more time, as Dunns Swamp is a magic place !
FollowupID: 858977

Reply By: BunderDog - Wednesday, Sep 30, 2015 at 06:53

Wednesday, Sep 30, 2015 at 06:53
Think you will find that Wollemi National Park is closed to all 4WD access with locked gates.
AnswerID: 590880

Follow Up By: Steve D1 - Wednesday, Sep 30, 2015 at 08:00

Wednesday, Sep 30, 2015 at 08:00
I tried it a few years ago. Similar trip, was going from Rylstone to Nelson Bay. Got about 1/2 way through before I came to a locked gate. What I thought was going to be a nice drive and a bit of a short cut, turned into a very long day, having to back track.
Not sure why it was closed, the track was in very good condition, well maintained.
Steve
FollowupID: 858971

Sponsored Links