Fitting a cargo barrier to a hyundai i30 wagon.

Submitted: Tuesday, Oct 13, 2015 at 18:40
ThreadID: 130583 Views:3505 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
G'day all

I've just got an i30 from my daughter. Her hubby bought a cargo barrier for it a while ago and couldn't work out how to fit it.

Well my BIL and I have joined the club. After an hour or so we had given up.

I have looked on the net and cannot find any fitting instructions. Any help would really be appreciated.

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - John - Tuesday, Oct 13, 2015 at 19:14

Tuesday, Oct 13, 2015 at 19:14
Boo Boo, what make is the barrier? Give them a ring tomorrow and ask.................
John and Jan

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 591558

Follow Up By: Member - Boo Boo (NSW) - Thursday, Oct 15, 2015 at 18:13

Thursday, Oct 15, 2015 at 18:13
G'day John and Val

It's a Milford and it looks like I'll have to get one of their approved fitters to do the job as I can't find any instructions for the i30 on their web site.

FollowupID: 859668

Reply By: Zippo - Tuesday, Oct 13, 2015 at 20:08

Tuesday, Oct 13, 2015 at 20:08
You probably won't find the instructions in the wild. We went through the same rigmarole with Milford for a 2/h barrier we acquired. When we eventually sourced a copy, I decided it was too much effing about and on-sold the barrier.

The manfacturers of this type of product keep them close to their chest, as they deem correct fitment is the only way to achieve the proper compliance with the AS, and incorrect fitment can result in failure in an accident (read "A***-covering by their lawyers").

Looking at the Hyundai "genuine accessory" page, the pic shows four anchorage points - two to the floor and two on the rear pillars. The floor points may exist as tie-down anchors, or as captive nuts, or simply be drilled through the floor. There may or may not be captive nuts in the pillars, concealed by the trim. There *may* also be fixings to the roof structure out of sight in the pic, and these *may* use seat belt or child-restraint anchor points. Just suggestions based on what I have seen, and I have no idea how relevant that pic is to YOUR i30.
AnswerID: 591561

Follow Up By: Member - Boo Boo (NSW) - Thursday, Oct 15, 2015 at 18:16

Thursday, Oct 15, 2015 at 18:16
Zippo

Like you I can't find a thing, so I'll get it fitted.

FollowupID: 859669

Reply By: mike39 - Wednesday, Oct 14, 2015 at 08:07

Wednesday, Oct 14, 2015 at 08:07
If you look above the back seat there are 2 small panels in the headlining. These slide open (towards the back) which is where the top rail of the barrier locates.

Directly below in the cargo area are 2 small pockets in the floor with an eye attachment point. This is where the adjustable tensioner straps locate. Hook the straps in then tension the barrier.

Ours came with the barrier already fitted, I have removed/replaced a few times. A 2 minute job.
Hope this helps, but I expect it does need to be i30w compatible.
mike
AnswerID: 591579

Sponsored Links