error messages when uploading photos to blogs

Submitted: Thursday, Oct 22, 2015 at 09:26
ThreadID: 130669 Views:1476 Replies:3 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
I'm wondering whether anyone else has experienced problems trying to add photos to blogs. It seems to happen randomly and i keep getting an error message telling me to try again! That makes no difference and I eventually give up. I have been able to add some photos to the blog but want to place more in appropriate areas to demonstrate campsites, landscape and road conditions etc.
thanks,
Heather
Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt. John Muir

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Robin Miller - Thursday, Oct 22, 2015 at 11:07

Thursday, Oct 22, 2015 at 11:07
I guess you have seen my similar thread Heather , which I can work around using a different browser.

If yours is intermittant then its probably not that , but might be worthwhile letting us know
your browser,operating system and size and type of file.

(e.g. smaller file might be different ?)

Also more error message detail.

Robin Miller

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 591836

Follow Up By: Member-Heather MG NSW - Thursday, Oct 22, 2015 at 11:50

Thursday, Oct 22, 2015 at 11:50
Yes thanks Robin. Using Chrome and the files are the usual Jpeg type, various sizes. Some work and some don't but there is more of a problem when I try to upload multiples so i might just stick to one at a time, although that's slower and more laborious!
I will just keep trying. The weather is cool and raining here today so its the perfect day to waste online writing up blogs which I should have done while we were traveling during the winter months.
regards,
Heather

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 859885

Reply By: Bob Y. - Qld - Thursday, Oct 22, 2015 at 11:31

Thursday, Oct 22, 2015 at 11:31
I've had that happen, Heather, but back on the old system.

Often when loading multiple photos, one file upsets the apple cart, and you can't load it, no matter what.

I just go and have a Bex, and a lie down......usually okay some hours later, or the next day.

Bob

Seen it all, Done it all.
Can't remember most of it.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 591839

Reply By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Friday, Oct 23, 2015 at 11:36

Friday, Oct 23, 2015 at 11:36
Heather,

This is strange - so when it happens does the red message say saving failed? Can you describe the steps or the messages you get exactly as I need to be able to duplicate it to find it. Random problems are really really really difficult to find and fix because I cannot build a test case to find them.

Is it a certain image or is it's file name in a different format like upper case vs lower case etc. See if you can find a pattern. I really would like to solve it if possible.

David
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 591887

Follow Up By: Member-Heather MG NSW - Friday, Oct 23, 2015 at 13:41

Friday, Oct 23, 2015 at 13:41
Hi David,

I have taken a couple of photos on my phone to show you what comes up, however when I tried to upload them together here the same error messages appeared! When I did them individually I got them both to work.

It does seem to be random as i couldn't upload 4 photos this morning together, although they did individually when i tried again. In another case I couldn't get it to work with one photo alone or as a group. There is nothing different about any of the photos as they are either taken on my phone ( a Samsung galaxy S5) or my camera (Nikon 7000 DSLR). They aren't particularly large file sizes and all are JPEG. And some of them have names and others just the original file number...makes no difference as both work sometimes!
I am making sure i click the curser in the position i want them to upload in the blog so they aren't all together and are more relevant to the text too.

I also did get a different message a couple of times which appeared to come from your end but I didn't think to write it down or take a photo. if it appears again I will do so.

Sorry to be so difficult! Its not as though I'm not familiar with the pprocess as i have been doing this for a lot of years now.

regards,

Heather

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 859971

Follow Up By: Member-Heather MG NSW - Friday, Oct 23, 2015 at 14:46

Friday, Oct 23, 2015 at 14:46
and here is the other error David..

Lifetime Member