Editing Oziexplorer waypoints sequence

Submitted: Wednesday, Oct 28, 2015 at 14:44
ThreadID: 130720 Views:2191 Replies:1 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
I've got some old waypoints that I've just had a close look at and it seems obvious that some of the points are not in the order they would have been recorded. I've gone into the points list and altered the name (which are numbered numerically) but that made no difference. It seems the sequence is determined by the PID column, whatever that is? Is there some way of altering the sequence so they follow a logical path?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: The Explorer - Wednesday, Oct 28, 2015 at 19:27

Wednesday, Oct 28, 2015 at 19:27
Hello

You appear to be talking about a "points" file opened in OziExplorer and not a "waypoint" file (can be the same thing as far as being locations on a map but you must use consistent terminology to avoid confusion).

No expert but it would appear point files are listed in order based on the PID column with no option to use other columns (i.e. point name etc). I have no idea if this will solve your problem but if you save your points file as a waypoint file, then open this file and then click "show the waypoint list", you will be able to sort using the waypoint number by clicking on the NAME header (assuming your "logical path" = waypoints in number order).

Cheers
Greg

I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 592068

Follow Up By: Rainman WA - Thursday, Oct 29, 2015 at 00:11

Thursday, Oct 29, 2015 at 00:11
OK, just to make sure I'm on the right track (pardon the pun), I have a waypoint file (.wpt) and have loaded it by selecting "load points from file...waypoint file" into Ozi. I can then select "show/hide point control" and then I can select "show the points list" which gives me a list of waypoints. Its here that I've tried to edit the sequence by altering the numerical "name" in the names column but as I said, it seems the PID column determines the order.

Is this the area you are talking about - excuse my ignorance, I've been using Ozi for a while but not at this level?
FollowupID: 860179

Follow Up By: The Explorer - Thursday, Oct 29, 2015 at 00:57

Thursday, Oct 29, 2015 at 00:57
Hello

Just load the waypoint file as ......a waypoint file, not a points file.

Then open waypoint list

You can then sort the list by waypoint name (ascending/descending - numerical/alphabetical) by clicking on the Name header once. Clicking once again reverses order. You can also sort by Description in same manner.

Cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 860181

Follow Up By: Rainman WA - Thursday, Oct 29, 2015 at 09:41

Thursday, Oct 29, 2015 at 09:41
Cheer Greg, easy when you know how ;-)
FollowupID: 860194

Follow Up By: Rainman WA - Thursday, Oct 29, 2015 at 16:08

Thursday, Oct 29, 2015 at 16:08
I finally sorted out how to do this, quite simple once you've done it but it took a bit of getting there.

Firstly I loaded the problem list, then selected Export Waypoints to Text File, saved the text file to my desktop where I could edit it, opened it up, made the alterations and saved it again.

I then selected Import Waypoints from Text File which loaded the edited text file into Ozi where I was then able to name and save it in the data file.
FollowupID: 860210

Follow Up By: The Explorer - Thursday, Oct 29, 2015 at 16:35

Thursday, Oct 29, 2015 at 16:35
Yeah - that's the easiest way to edit large amounts of waypoints. If you save the file as *.csv (and not *.txt) it will open straight up in MS excel with minimum of fuss.

Cheers
Greg

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 860213

Sponsored Links