New Hema Map

Submitted: Thursday, Oct 29, 2015 at 14:39
ThreadID: 130733 Views:2379 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
G'day all, the following is a link to the new Hema map Explorer, looks good at first, but seems to be only as an App and not all of us have smart phones or want to use them for mapping. I have asked Hema if they are planning on releasing for laptops etc. Hema Explorer Map
John and Jan

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - tazbaz - Thursday, Oct 29, 2015 at 16:24

Thursday, Oct 29, 2015 at 16:24
I currently have Hema explorer on my Lenovo (android) tablet, and it works a treat. Am looking forward to this supposed more detailed upgrade. Received an email from Hemma today:

"new digital adventure map: the Hema Explorer Map...the most detailed and accurate adventure map Australia has ever seen....using multi-scale mapping with seamless coverage of Australia, it’s easy to zoom in from an Australia-wide view to see a single track in the middle of nowhere, all on the same map...the only map to ever feature Hema’s entire database of roads and 4WD tracks, the Hema Explorer Map is the ultimate guide to finding the path less travelled ....The Hema Explorer Map will soon be available for a range of Hema digital navigation products, however you can view the map and plan your next trip now on the Hema Explorer Cloud. The current version zooms to a detailed scale of 1:150K, while the full version - when released - will scale to an unbelievable 1:18K."
AnswerID: 592106

Reply By: Member - John - Thursday, Oct 29, 2015 at 17:09

Thursday, Oct 29, 2015 at 17:09
Reply from Hema.

"The new Hema Explorer map was designed for and will be available in the Explorer app for both iOS and Android as a replacement to the current base map that the app uses. It will also be offered in a single scale version for the in-car Navigator model, the HN7. It will not be available for PC outside of the Hema Explorer Cloud (which is where you will probably be viewing it) nor will it be availabe in the iOS 4WD Maps app, due to software limitations.

At this stage, no further information has been announced, including whether or not it will be added to the 2016 edition of Hema's Raster Map DVD - which to date has been the only product we have for PCs.

Watch this space!"
John and Jan

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 592109

Follow Up By: Brian B4 - Thursday, Oct 29, 2015 at 18:33

Thursday, Oct 29, 2015 at 18:33
I have the HEMA 4wd app for my iPad, how is that different to the HEMA explorer app
FollowupID: 860223

Follow Up By: The Explorer - Thursday, Oct 29, 2015 at 19:10

Thursday, Oct 29, 2015 at 19:10
Hi

Comparison between Hema Apps HERE

Cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 860226

Reply By: Member - Rich - Thursday, Oct 29, 2015 at 22:55

Thursday, Oct 29, 2015 at 22:55
I have both the hema 4wd and the explorer.

The 4wd version costs around $99 and the other around $40 I think.

All I can say is you get what you pay for.

I find the 4wd one much easier and better to use than the explorer version.

May be a new version of explorer may change my mind but will wait and see.

Richard
AnswerID: 592122

Sponsored Links