Free Camping

Submitted: Saturday, Oct 31, 2015 at 16:01
ThreadID: 130749 Views:3339 Replies:6 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi I will be a pest asking questions I know you will earn a lot from asking questions and I know I am going to be answering my own questions sorry about that but might get guidance form others. Now I have 21 ft caravan a Blue Sky had it now for just on 18 months we have been away in it few times just in caravan parks its got every thing toilet, shower microwave ,tv ,radio its got batterys in it the guy who I bought it off set all that up I have put 2x150 watt solar panels on top of van. So yes I have answer my own question its all set up foe free camping. I used to have a camper trailer and got in the bush with it and had a lot of fun. So having a caravan would be better omg I know I'm asking stupid questions what else would you need for free camping.

Cheers

Chris
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: M&N's - Saturday, Oct 31, 2015 at 18:12

Saturday, Oct 31, 2015 at 18:12
Chris beer & wine & somewhere to keep it cold, and your work is done enjoy mickb
AnswerID: 592191

Reply By: K&FT - Sunday, Nov 01, 2015 at 11:37

Sunday, Nov 01, 2015 at 11:37
If you have previously camped in the bush then will most likely be aware of the things that can make a difference.
Plenty of water for showering,cooking,drinking(oops that is what beer is for)
A shovel to bury some of your waste
garbage bags to bag some of your waste

A generator for those days when the sun is not enough to charge everything up.

other than that I think you have covered it pretty well
get out there and enjoy.

frank
AnswerID: 592213

Reply By: Member - lyndon NT - Sunday, Nov 01, 2015 at 22:17

Sunday, Nov 01, 2015 at 22:17
Huh, what did I just read........................
Now is the only time you own
Decide now what you will,
Place faith not in tomorrow
For the clock may then be still

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 592246

Follow Up By: Les - PK Ranger - Sunday, Nov 01, 2015 at 22:27

Sunday, Nov 01, 2015 at 22:27
Chris's post was a little incoherent, but you can sense his excitment can't you ?
Basically he said what he had, and asked if he needed anything else . . . even though experienced with camper trailer outings in the past, so not sure if that had only been in cara parks too.

I would only say that suitable space might differ to what you are used to with a camper.
Flat ground is possibly more needed and in an obviously larger area.
Not too often you will find flat green grass about over say 60m2, so that might be a limiting factor to what you're used to.

Anyway Chris, have fun out there, I'm sure you find many great spots for the van.
FollowupID: 860364

Reply By: Motherhen - Monday, Nov 02, 2015 at 01:22

Monday, Nov 02, 2015 at 01:22
We take little more than we did when we bush camped with a tent or on the trayback of the ute. With our caravan we have the luxury of power, bathroom, and nothing to set up when we stop. It doesn't matter if we are not level, so long as the pots don't slide off the stove or I don't fall out of bed. We have a compressor fridge so level is not necessary. Find a nice place, stop for the night and start living :).
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 592251

Reply By: LIFE MEMBER-snailbait - Monday, Nov 02, 2015 at 08:05

Monday, Nov 02, 2015 at 08:05
To allow you to stay out longer I would suggest a second cassete for the toilet and I sugget a grey water tank of about 100 litre
We also carry in the truck 400 litre of Town water beside the 200 litre in the caravan
This is because I don't want you to walk in my grey water and I don't want to walk in your grey water
Terry
Life MEMBER snailbait Oberon HF RADIO CLUB VKE237 mobile 7661

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 592255

Follow Up By: Idler Chris - Monday, Nov 02, 2015 at 08:17

Monday, Nov 02, 2015 at 08:17
Are you for real? 600 litres of water with only a 100 litre tank for the grey water. What do you do with the other 500 litres? water the grass where you camp? Maybe your a firery and want to be prepared.
What other people think of me is none of my business.
Do unto others what you would have them do unto you.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 860372

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Monday, Nov 02, 2015 at 14:17

Monday, Nov 02, 2015 at 14:17
Love your photo Chris - may I keep a copy in my photo library please? When we are putting together articles, newsletters, etc I sometimes need to find a photo urgently that illustrates the topic I am writing about.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 592269

Sponsored Links