Composite Off Road Caravans

Submitted: Wednesday, Nov 04, 2015 at 12:49
ThreadID: 130783 Views:2516 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I wanted to hear from anyone in a composite body caravan that has used in off road conditions?? I have been looking closely at 3 manufacturers here in QLD of off road caravans in composite bodies, all similar in materials and I definitely see the benefits in this over the typical framing construction.
Zone RV is at the top of my list wither new off road models, and have now eliminated all timber from the van and have a very quality finish and overall design, I am also looking at Free Spirit and SLR caravans, both very good also.

Any feedback appreciated.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: The Bantam - Wednesday, Nov 04, 2015 at 14:35

Wednesday, Nov 04, 2015 at 14:35
Consider that much of the traier and caravan business has gone nowhere since the 60's, using the same old crude construction methods with only a thin glossy covering ........you would have to consider composite construction.

Properly engineered composite construction should be lighter stronger and more durable.

As for the individual builders .... yeh well, your reasearch needed.

cheers
AnswerID: 592334

Reply By: Member - Milton477 - Thursday, Nov 05, 2015 at 22:16

Thursday, Nov 05, 2015 at 22:16
Built my own 18ft using a composite called Monopan. No frame needed & 2 of us can happily sit on the roof. Hail proof too. There is a manufacturer in Qld using the same, Rhino caravans I think. For me it is a no brainer.
AnswerID: 592386

Sponsored Links