Dunleith Caravan Park - another one on the way out.

Submitted: Wednesday, Nov 11, 2015 at 09:47
ThreadID: 130857 Views:2551 Replies:4 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
There is another park going through its death knell. There is an announcement in the local rag - Central Coast Gosford Express Advocate - that Dunleith is up for grabs. Knowing out local council (liberal party run) the site will end up with an overbearing edifice on the site.
PeterD
Retired radio and electronics technician

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Michael P (QLD) - Wednesday, Nov 11, 2015 at 10:53

Wednesday, Nov 11, 2015 at 10:53
Am I missing something here?
The way I read the article It is long term private owners that are putting the property on the market. As far as I can see it is nothing to do with the local council or the Liberal party, until a potential developer submit,s a development plan.
It also appears that the vendors are taking a keen interest in the long term interests of the local community.
Mike.
AnswerID: 592584

Follow Up By: Nomadic Navara - Wednesday, Nov 11, 2015 at 11:28

Wednesday, Nov 11, 2015 at 11:28
Without knowing our local council you are probably missing something. The main thrust of the article is we are loosing another caravan park (which is well patronised.) It is also on the side of the lake entrance that has no high rise. Despite all the fuss that has taken place lately with developers bankrolling local Liberal candidates in local elections the mayor and cronies still appear to be in the pockets of the local members. They will all be into seeing that the sale will go through for a developer and not for someone to retain and operate a caravan park.

The bottom line is we will be loosing yet another caravan park in a good location.
PeterD
Retired radio and electronics technician

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 860766

Reply By: Gronk - Wednesday, Nov 11, 2015 at 13:13

Wednesday, Nov 11, 2015 at 13:13
Unfortunate sign of the times....more money to be made ..

Trouble is the land is worth way too much for someone to buy and continue with a van park ..

I live in the area so have never been there, but when the economy picks up, The Entrance will go berserk and high rises will pop up everywhere..
AnswerID: 592588

Reply By: The Landy - Wednesday, Nov 11, 2015 at 13:25

Wednesday, Nov 11, 2015 at 13:25
This is possibly a problem of our own making.

With more self-contained vans and RVs on the road the demand for traditional caravan parks has dwindled and people don’t want to pay the price that provides a return to the owner that is commensurate with its “alternate” land use – in this case a resort style development.

The reality is we will continue to lose caravan parks, especially those in enviable locations like this one, because as a caravan park it (usually) doesn’t stack up as an investment or ongoing business concern.

Cheers, Baz – The Landy
AnswerID: 592589

Follow Up By: Steve in Kakadu - Wednesday, Nov 11, 2015 at 15:19

Wednesday, Nov 11, 2015 at 15:19
Oh the irony.

Yes Landy you are right, most people on this site whinge bitch moan and complain about caravan parks being to costly to old to this that and to the other, the others just want to know where the best free spot to camp / caravan are.

Then when a van park closes everyone shouts OH NO ANOTHER CARAVAN PARK CLOSES, HOW COULD THEY???

rotflmao.

FollowupID: 860784

Reply By: Dennis Ellery - Wednesday, Nov 11, 2015 at 15:03

Wednesday, Nov 11, 2015 at 15:03
Two of the best parks I have stayed in were run by the local council.
Unfortunately most ratepayers don’t care if they have caravan parks in their town.
As the land values rise, private owners will make the most money they can out of their investments – it’s foolish not to.
AnswerID: 592594

Sponsored Links