Open Day in Perth this Saturday to learn about Prospecting.

Submitted: Thursday, Nov 12, 2015 at 12:58
ThreadID: 130868 Views:1718 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Just a quick note to advise anyone in Perth that the Perth Branch of the Amalgamated Prospectors and Lease Holders Association (APLA) are holding an Open day for all this coming Saturday the 14th November.

The APLA Perth Branch Open Day is ideal for anyone who is interested in prospecting and would like ot know more information, as it explains the basics people need to know to go prospecting in WA with information on Geology, Tengraph, Geomap, Dollying/Panning and equipment so it helps them understand what is required to start prospecting.

There will be a raffle on the day with lots of prizes and a Minelab 5000 is also being raffled off - tickets will be sold on the day but the draw of the Minelab 5000 will be in December.

Thanks to Minelab for their sponsorship by providing a Minelab GPX 5000 metal detector. So come along and buy a ticket and there is a Chance to Win Yourself a NEW DETECTOR for Christmas!

Date Saturday 14/11/2015
Duration 10am to 3pm
Location Duncraig Community Hall Cnr Marmion Ave and Warwick Rd Warwick WA

Everyone is Welcome

Activities at the APLA Open Day Include:

- Displays of the Latest Metal Detectors from Minelab.
- Presentations to show you what you need to know to target and find gold nuggets Legally in WA.
- Learn how to get FREE Geomap Software, Topographical Maps and Geological Maps to target gold.
- Minelab 5000 Raffle with limited tickets to be drawn in December 2015.
- BIG equipment raffle on the day.
- Learn how to dolly and pan gold from actual gold bearing rock samples.
- Sausage Sizzle.
(APLA was formed in 1904 at a gold-rush site south of Kalgoorlie-Boulder by amalgamating a number of existing prospecting groups into one representative body with the aim to protect and further the interests of prospectors, and is a not for profit organisation that continues to support and promote prospecting in WA.)
Find out more about APLA.
Back Expand Un-Read 2 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Thursday, Nov 12, 2015 at 13:49

Thursday, Nov 12, 2015 at 13:49
Gee, well we might just pop in and take a look at that, thanks!
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 592627

Reply By: Member - Odog - Thursday, Nov 12, 2015 at 14:24

Thursday, Nov 12, 2015 at 14:24
Thank you for that Kurk, I'll let my son know.. Sure he would be interested! Cheers
Some people want it to happen, some people wish it could happen, others make it happen!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 592629

Reply By: The Explorer - Thursday, Nov 12, 2015 at 20:14

Thursday, Nov 12, 2015 at 20:14
Hi

Hope there is some advice provided on how not to get lost, emergency comms etc.

Cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 592646

Follow Up By: Ron N - Friday, Nov 13, 2015 at 01:55

Friday, Nov 13, 2015 at 01:55
Greg - An excellent point made - after what appears to be a recent upsurge in prospectors, and other so-called "bushies", regularly getting lost in the Outback and Goldfields areas of W.A.
There are still people who have been lost out there in recent times, who have never yet been found.

Teaching bush-savvyness and bush survival information, should be an important part of any show like this.
Even just providing copies of, or information on where to acquire, the W.A. Police, Survival & Bushcraft Guide booklet, would be a good start.

Cheers, Ron.
FollowupID: 860834

Reply By: AirDevil Accessories - BluePrint Industries Pty Lt - Friday, Nov 13, 2015 at 12:51

Friday, Nov 13, 2015 at 12:51
We try to cover the major topics, one of them is comms and safety.

We only have a 4 - 5 hour window so the aim of the day is to give an overview an if people are interested they can join APLA and come along to the association meetings and training days / camps.

There is a raft of information available and often when you get to the caravan parks in the mining towns "Everyone" is an expert, so what we are trying to achieve is to create a bit of public awareness of Prospecting and what people have to know and do to do it legally, and you therefore have a better understanding of the whole process.

The day is broken into a series of short presentations on various topics which if you sat through the whole day would be in a logical order and each would build on the previous one, however each presentation is a stand alone presentation in its own right so you don't have to be there all day if you don't want to.

AnswerID: 592679

Sponsored Links