Tragic Fires for Country South Australia

Submitted: Thursday, Nov 26, 2015 at 08:23
ThreadID: 130981 Views:1605 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Not sure how widespread the news is Australia wide, but yesterday we had tragic fires across a 210 kilometre fire front, from Pinery through to the Barossa Valley.

2 people confirmed dead, 13 in hospital and 5 in a very serious condition with 3 people still not accounted for, hundreds of structures destroyed, all road north of Gawler closed except the Sturt Highway, thousands of dead stock, with one pig farm claiming 9000 dead pigs, one chook farm with over 150,000 dead chickens

10 Strike teams will be arriving from Victoria today to help.

More news as in comes out.

This is just 1 link

Our thoughts to very person that is still in the fire area.

Stephen
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 2 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Terry W4 - Thursday, Nov 26, 2015 at 12:12

Thursday, Nov 26, 2015 at 12:12
The fire(s) are a major ABC news story. Tragic that 2 dead and much wildlife and stock losses.

AnswerID: 593144

Follow Up By: Member - Stephen L (Clare SA) - Thursday, Nov 26, 2015 at 14:06

Thursday, Nov 26, 2015 at 14:06
Hi Terry

It sure is the topic of the locals in the Mid North of the State.

I was just speaking with one of our customers at work and their daughters best friend has not turned up for work today at Freeling. They have tried her phone, but she is not answering, left countless messages on Facebook, but again she is not replying. The young lady was always very reliable and now they are holding great fears as to what has happened to her.

The wind has just sprung up again here, so lets hope that they get it under control as soon as possible.

Cheers

Stephen
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 861343

Reply By: Roachie Silverado - Thursday, Nov 26, 2015 at 15:33

Thursday, Nov 26, 2015 at 15:33
Piggery boss was saying the original report of 2,000 dead pigs was grossly over-stated and he reckons it is in the hundreds (still bad though).

Also, the fire was/is burning on a 40 kilometer front, but has a 240klm perimeter... not that I want to split hairs though Stephen.....

Bad news all round and I can only echo the sentiments of others and hope that the injured can all make a full recovery and that further losses of stock and property is limited.

Roachie
AnswerID: 593149

Sponsored Links