Amaron Battery's - Anyone used them?

Submitted: Thursday, Dec 03, 2015 at 20:51
ThreadID: 131033 Views:10417 Replies:5 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
After going through my 3rd Century battery in 2 years (between 2 cars) here in Darwins heat I went for a change. I had been recommended Amaron by Battery World both here in Darwin and in Brisbane when we drove there last year. Made in India.
I bit the bullet and tried something new. 2 year warranty, it's in my Toyota Aurion ( my Dmax is still on Century). Anyone had any feedback on this brand? The local retailer is pretty good to deal with and have honoured warranty claims previous unquestioned. Apparently the station owners up here use them now over other brands, if you believe the sales pitch. Any experienced feedback welcome and thanks in Advance.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: mountainman - Thursday, Dec 03, 2015 at 23:09

Thursday, Dec 03, 2015 at 23:09
I went with caterpillar batteries.
1000CCA FOR 145 bucks

nothing on the market can come anywhere near the grunt on that price
warranty is superb too
175-4390 product number for those wanting to check the price
AnswerID: 593363

Reply By: Member - mark D18 - Friday, Dec 04, 2015 at 18:15

Friday, Dec 04, 2015 at 18:15
mountain man .
Top End Az was seeking help on Amaron batteries .
Couldn't handle another thread on who has the best battery.

Cheers

AnswerID: 593388

Reply By: Member - Michael John T (VIC) - Friday, Dec 04, 2015 at 19:35

Friday, Dec 04, 2015 at 19:35
Hi Az

Had to replace my battery in Toyota Ute 3 1/2 yrs ago at Bourketown, could only get an Amaron. Sold the ute 12 months ago and still going strong.

Mike.
AnswerID: 593389

Reply By: The Bantam - Friday, Dec 04, 2015 at 23:18

Friday, Dec 04, 2015 at 23:18
I am simply not impressed with the historical major battery brands.

There are a number of other brands, that have something to prove and several of those people are finding to be better value and more reliable than the traditional major brands.

Some of these companies in second world countries like the philipines and perhaps india, have well run planst that produce good quality product at reasonable prices

The Catapillar batteries have a good following, as do supercharge.

I will be interested to hear an impressions on this Ameron brand.

My tip is ..... if you can get one to fit ..but a rugged construction battery .... it may have Marine, Earthmoving, or 4wd related branding ...... what you are geting is a modern rugged construction battery that will last better with the vibration & heat.

cheers
AnswerID: 593395

Follow Up By: Top End Az - Sunday, Dec 06, 2015 at 08:39

Sunday, Dec 06, 2015 at 08:39
I have to agree. A couple of major brands are disappointing. The battery world staff claim Darwins heat is a big contributing factor to early failure. As we have had our hottest November on record Im not surprised.
They were saying they have had very few Amaron battery's come back for warranty.
I didn't consider Caterpillar but when the Dmax one goes I will be going down that path.
FollowupID: 861652

Reply By: Steve - Sunday, Dec 06, 2015 at 13:05

Sunday, Dec 06, 2015 at 13:05
Had my Amaron from Battery World just over 2years and it started to bulge at the sides when just out of warranty. Still doing the job but am keeping a close eye on it.

I am coming around to Bantam's thinking. Although I've had a few decent AGMs, they're not a starting battery and not keen on living under the bonnet. Might go with 2x identical Marines next time - one starter and t'other an aux.

btw, does anyone know, is it best to swap them around every so often in the above (2x identical) scenario?
AnswerID: 593454

Sponsored Links