Starting to Plan a trip

Submitted: Saturday, Dec 05, 2015 at 01:03
ThreadID: 131041 Views:1989 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi This is my first trip I am planning I usually just pack up and point car in a direction and go. But this one is in 2016. I am booking to go to Bathurst 1000 we went in 2013 and it was the best first time been there. So I'm going again, now I'm thinking leave home (Yea Vic) a week before Bathurst take our time getting up there. But what id like info on is has any one gone from Bathurst to Flinders Rangers id like to go there and stay a week and than back home . I will be towing a 21ft caravan iv looked at a map and you can go 2 ways up through orange Dubbo and across or down to Mildura and that way. What is the better road to travel on trying to go best level roads not to much hilly stuff. So please I am all ears thanks
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Athol W1 - Saturday, Dec 05, 2015 at 09:20

Saturday, Dec 05, 2015 at 09:20
Smithy-Yea

Either road would be suitable, both have some hills but they should not cause any grief to any reasonable rig. There are a number of points of interest along each route depending on your particular interests

Mining and Art at Broken Hill, also Silverton film set from the Mad Max movies, and the Sculptures on the hill, then at Peterborough the Rail museum which is the only place in Australia where all 3 gauges of rail met and were serviced in the same workshop (free camping just to the north of town).

Alternately there is the Japanese Garden memorial at Cowra, the Lachlan Valley Rail Museum also at Cowra, The historical areas around Hay (also free camping beside the river 1k from town), then the Mungo National Park (turn off at Balranald and return to Mildura).

I have only just touched the tip of the iceberg.

Have a good trip, and take as much time as you can.

Regards
Athol
AnswerID: 593403

Reply By: Member - Smithy-Yea - Saturday, Dec 05, 2015 at 12:55

Saturday, Dec 05, 2015 at 12:55
Thank Athol for your knowledge a lot of info there thanks
AnswerID: 593410

Sponsored Links