Reduced water pressure

Submitted: Sunday, Dec 20, 2015 at 00:25
ThreadID: 131166 Views:1655 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Have a jayco caravan with shuffling water pump. The water pressure is reduced when turning on taps over last 2 days. I read the strainer may need cleaning or there could've an air leak reducing pressure.
I can't find info on how to clean strainer or how to get to it and don't know about how to check for air leak. Also sanitising. Has anybody done any of this and therefore give me some instructions please
Cheers
Llinda
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: skulldug - Sunday, Dec 20, 2015 at 08:44

Sunday, Dec 20, 2015 at 08:44
Linda,

I have recently had the same issue. I resolved it by locating the pressure reduction/one way valve. Mine was located where you plug the water supply hose onto the van. It was a brass fitting about five inches long.

Before you pull it apart, try hitting it in the middle with a hammer. Apparently, the spring inside sometimes gets jammed and can be loosened without pulling it apart.

If this doesn't work, use two spaners to disassemble the valve, noting (photographing?) the order. Blow or wash it out and re-assemble with plumbers tape.

This worked for me but I didn't know about the sticking spring before disassembling.

Hope this works for you.

I'll attach a pic.

AnswerID: 594001

Sponsored Links