Window winder

Submitted: Monday, Dec 21, 2015 at 08:51
ThreadID: 131171 Views:1344 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
We are having a bit of trouble with one of the windows in our Coromal Princeton.

The window will not wind out fully, seems to get stuck about a third of the way out.

Is it easy to take off the winder? Might it just need some greasing?

All ideas most welcome.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: TomH - Monday, Dec 21, 2015 at 09:20

Monday, Dec 21, 2015 at 09:20
Had the same trouble in a new van Just put a new winder in it Easiest fix and not expensive.You could try some silicone spray but NOT WD 40.
AnswerID: 594021

Reply By: MEMBER - Darian, SA - Monday, Dec 21, 2015 at 10:16

Monday, Dec 21, 2015 at 10:16
If the Princeton has the lightweight Camec windows (very common).....as Tom says, easy to renew...not expensive.
Would be worth giving the winder boxes a good drubbing in silicone spray first though.....I buy a pure food grade silicone spray from cheap shops ($7)...no worries about what it gets onto......you might be able to wash dust out with that, by squirting it in through the strut slot, via the supplied tube on the sprayer.
Replaced one of my winder boxes a couple of years back....as I recall, from the inside you'll find some countersunk screws buried in a shallow groove on the window frame. Once you screw these out, the winder box comes free (again, as I recall :-). The window strut stays in the box mechanism, so to get the perspex panel free of the winder assembly, I had to drill out the pop rivet connecting the strut to the perspex panel's frame. Good luck with it.
AnswerID: 594022

Follow Up By: MEMBER - Darian, SA - Monday, Dec 21, 2015 at 17:10

Monday, Dec 21, 2015 at 17:10
Just had a look again while tinkering on my van - on the Camec's, the aforementioned countersunk screws are accessed from the outside of the van. The window needs to be fully wound out too, to get to the top screw.....(the silicon spray tactic might help you to get the window open).
FollowupID: 862368

Reply By: Bunny - Tuesday, Dec 22, 2015 at 08:14

Tuesday, Dec 22, 2015 at 08:14
Thanks to everyone for their suggestions and comments. Will give them all a try and let you know the outcome.

Cheers
AnswerID: 594050

Sponsored Links