Submitted: Wednesday, Dec 30, 2015 at 18:34
ThreadID: 131240 Views:3346 Replies:10 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Hi ALL
Ve Very aware of a Michael Munday

Michael munday

he replied to my ad as follows.
Tell me I am wrong....

Thanks for getting back,I'm fine with the price likewise the condition as described on the advert,
I work on a remote mine site in New Zealand and the reception is terrible. We do not have access to phone at the moment,which is why I contacted you with internet messaging facility. Where is it located at the moment?Does it have any history I should be aware of? and why are you selling if you don't mind my asking.I am already in talks with the courier that will handle the pick-up and delivery.I am based in Australia but just working offshore.

As regards the payment, I can pay you through direct bank deposit (EFT),using paypal instant bank wire transfer service, I will need your bank details. If you are not comfortable with that, you can set up a paypal account proper at www.paypal.com.au and I will make the payment through paypal,this way, all I will need is your paypal email address.

With the issue of my details,transferring the name of ownership and signing of all paperwork will be done by the freight agent so you don't have to worry about that.

Thanks....
Await your reply
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - John - Wednesday, Dec 30, 2015 at 18:36

Wednesday, Dec 30, 2015 at 18:36
Geoff, it is a scam.............. well documented on here and other places, but thanks for the heads up.
John and Jan

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 594322

Reply By: Motherhen - Wednesday, Dec 30, 2015 at 19:20

Wednesday, Dec 30, 2015 at 19:20
The name and occupation varies, but always somewhere out of contact. These replies having been coming for adverts about four to one compared to genuine ones for as long as I have been on the internet. The used to say Western Union, but now have updated to Paypal - well a good looking copy of the site.

Our son recently advertised a car or boat, and he said the scam ones all came on the first day. After that they were genuine.

Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 594323

Reply By: Witi Repartee - Wednesday, Dec 30, 2015 at 19:52

Wednesday, Dec 30, 2015 at 19:52
A bit funny..a remote mine site in NZ! Lived there for 55 years, yet to find any remote mine site!!
AnswerID: 594325

Follow Up By: Geoff in SA - Wednesday, Dec 30, 2015 at 19:56

Wednesday, Dec 30, 2015 at 19:56
same here With an expat with 53 yes. I asked him where it was and he didn't respond
FollowupID: 862698

Follow Up By: Geoff in SA - Wednesday, Dec 30, 2015 at 21:27

Wednesday, Dec 30, 2015 at 21:27
just found out its the taharoa iron sand site just stu of Auckland.
the guys an idiot
FollowupID: 862709

Reply By: Member - Outnabout.. - Wednesday, Dec 30, 2015 at 19:57

Wednesday, Dec 30, 2015 at 19:57
Yes I got the same email today from this guy on something I have for sale. It found the recycle bin rather quickly
AnswerID: 594326

Reply By: TomH - Wednesday, Dec 30, 2015 at 20:22

Wednesday, Dec 30, 2015 at 20:22
If he has no reception he would have no internet.

Its a straight out scam where he will ask for a payment that covers the freight and when you pay it he disappears.

Run Fast.

As a Kiwi I dont know of any mine sites that wouldnt have a phone if they have electricity.

Even Miford Sound which is fairly remote has coverage these days
AnswerID: 594329

Reply By: lancie49 - Wednesday, Dec 30, 2015 at 20:37

Wednesday, Dec 30, 2015 at 20:37
Remote mine site, off shore oil rig, confined to defence force barracks and can't contact in person.........

Common scam been around for years and unfortunately it has sucked many ppl in, don't you be next.

When they turn up on your door step with cash in hand, give them possession of their newly acquired item.

Other than that...................ppffftttt............
AnswerID: 594331

Follow Up By: pop2jocem - Wednesday, Dec 30, 2015 at 22:51

Wednesday, Dec 30, 2015 at 22:51
Yep, had one about 3 weeks ago. The Commodore I had for sale was going to get shipped to Darwin for "Renee's" daughter. The reply came in within about 2 hrs of the ad hitting the media.
Same deal, working on some rig in some bay off NZ and no mobile phone.

Cheers
Pop
FollowupID: 862713

Reply By: Member - Kirk L - Thursday, Dec 31, 2015 at 00:48

Thursday, Dec 31, 2015 at 00:48
Had some furniture advertised recently on gumtree. Second hand and not worth much. Had similar phone call. Person wanted to ship furniture to Darwin as he said he was working away and had a place there he wanted set up for his return. Told him it would cost more to ship than worth Said he had trucking company sorted. He just wanted my bank details and the money would be deposited and truck would arrive. Smelt a rat and said give me details of trucking company and I will check. He said if you can't trust me there is no point in going on and that was it. Lots of it going on unfortunately. Be very careful and if it doesn't sound right give it a miss. Mongrels should be blown up!
AnswerID: 594340

Reply By: Member - Tony H (touring oz) - Thursday, Dec 31, 2015 at 08:24

Thursday, Dec 31, 2015 at 08:24
Hi this is a cut & paste with a filthy scammer on a week or so ago.... probably best to read from the bottom, up.

Happy new year to all.

CASH on delivery ONLY

Sent: Wednesday, December 23, 2015 1:44 PM
To:
Subject: Re: Details about item: garcisav7 sent a message about Cedar stained chaise lounge #231790452552

Do you have any problem using paypal or setting up a account to receive the funds ?? i would have come with cash in hand myself and do the necessary things before concluding on payment but i'm not in the country right now due to work commitments, we save peoples life as i'm a public health worker with which we get transferred to a whole lot of places at anytime.

-----Original Message-----
To: Christina Evans
Sent: Wed, Dec 23, 2015 3:17 am
Subject: Re: Details about item: garcisav7 sent a message about Cedar stained chaise lounge #231790452552

CASH on delivery ONLY

Sent: Wednesday, December 23, 2015 1:03 PM
To:

Alright thanks, for the convenience of both parties i have organized with a shipping company to come pick it up as soon as we're through with payment ... Go ahead and send me your paypal email address and the account name or invoice to remit the funds asap, so the transport company can come for the pick up at your address after you received the payment.

To: Christina Evans
Sent: Tue, Dec 22, 2015 10:45 pm

Hi Christina,
Thanks for the reply.
I have totalled all the items & they come to $2880.00 I would accept $2000.00 (firm, cash) for the ‘lot’ we are moving to a smaller home & downsizing.
All the pieces are in very good condition & come from a non smoking household.
Regards
Tony

Sent: Tuesday, December 22, 2015 6:58 PM
To:

How much are you willing to get on them all together and can you please send me more photos ... whats the reason of selling them and how long have you been using them ?

To: eBay - garcisav7 ; xmas.chrisevans
Sent: Mon, Dec 21, 2015 9:23 pm

Hi
Yes it is

Sent: Tuesday, December 22, 2015 4:58 AM
To:
Subject: Details about item: garcisav7 sent a message about Cedar stained chaise lounge #231790452552

Is your Dining set + storage cabinet + chaise loun...

eBay

New message from: garcisav7 (0)
Is your Dining set + storage cabinet + chaise lounge + Tv cabinet + display cabinet on eBay still available for sale ? Please write me at xmas.chrisevans at gm@il dot com or you send me your email cause i dont really check my eBay message often.

Reply with offer

Cedar stained chaise lounge

Cedar stained chaise lounge
Price: AU $550.00
0 people are watching
View your listing

Insanity doesnt run in my family.... it gallops!

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 594347

Reply By: Member - KeithB - Thursday, Dec 31, 2015 at 14:06

Thursday, Dec 31, 2015 at 14:06
I had the same kind of thing ten years ago when a bloke wanted to buy a $250,000 boats sight unseen. I ran a mile.
AnswerID: 594369

Reply By: Member - Odog - Sunday, Jan 03, 2016 at 10:04

Sunday, Jan 03, 2016 at 10:04
Hi all, mate of mine was selling a motor cycle, had same thing, but the so called buyer, even produced a PayPal receipt and sent it to him in an email.. He then contacted PayPal and was told it was fake.. The scum bags will try everything they can.. I myself have had the same, but a merchant sailor... could only corespond by email.. Cash is king! Lol... Cheers Odog
Some people want it to happen, some people wish it could happen, others make it happen!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 594435

Sponsored Links