mataranka to Gove

Submitted: Wednesday, Jan 13, 2016 at 11:55
ThreadID: 131339 Views:1828 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Interested to hear from anyone . Best camp spots and fishing spots enroute with and without small tinnie
Rgds Teago
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Life Member - Fred B (ex-NT) - Wednesday, Jan 13, 2016 at 12:50

Wednesday, Jan 13, 2016 at 12:50
To travel the Central Arnhem Road you will need a permit and that is generally issued for "through travel" only. Contact the Northern Land Council (Office in Palmerston) for further details. In any case you cannot rely on fuel at Wugular (Beswick) or Bulman. Locals are usually not to happy about outsiders driving into their community. ContactMainoru Store (restricted opening hours) for camping there. Travel can also be restricted by river levels.
Fred B
VKS 737: Mobile/Selcall 1334

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 594833

Reply By: Member - Teago - Wednesday, Jan 13, 2016 at 13:59

Wednesday, Jan 13, 2016 at 13:59
Tks Fred,
I have been to Gove a number of times and hired a vehicle there
This year I will drive with my van . I am aware of the permits etc and thankyou for your info
Rgds Teago
AnswerID: 594837

Reply By: Member - ROADKING - Wednesday, Jan 13, 2016 at 16:40

Wednesday, Jan 13, 2016 at 16:40
Hi Teago,
When you say van I suspect you mean towing a caravan, when we were there last year caravans were not allowed to be towed through there so If that is the case would pay to check
regards Jim
AnswerID: 594845

Sponsored Links