ROOFRACK ROLL OUT TARP

Submitted: Tuesday, May 25, 2004 at 03:58
ThreadID: 13135 Views:2255 Replies:4 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
HI ALL , WHAT A GREAT IDEA ,ANY OTHER STORIES OUT THERE, NOT MUCH ON THIS SUBJECT ,YET TO PUT TO PROPER USE , BUT LOOKING FORWARD TO CHEERS JTB
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Tuesday, May 25, 2004 at 09:30

Tuesday, May 25, 2004 at 09:30
Place in Mansfield makes a removable one, that you can store in your car, Snowy Mtns Rug Company. Right next door to the BP servo on way out nth side of town.

Gonna get one one day, after standing up top of the mountains up snowy one arvo, snowing like crap, we were atanding under Darrens one, that had sides to it as well, dry and drinkin coffee.. about 8-10 of us.

Awesome investment dude, you will love it.
AnswerID: 60030

Follow Up By: outback ted - Tuesday, May 25, 2004 at 10:16

Tuesday, May 25, 2004 at 10:16
Hi Truckster

I'm looking for something like this that can be used on my Troopy and also be used on our horse float.

From what you've said I think you may have solved my problem.

The fact that the people in Manfield manu.facture them is great if I need any modifications.

Any other ideas welcome.

Cheers

Outback Ted
FollowupID: 321632

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Tuesday, May 25, 2004 at 10:26

Tuesday, May 25, 2004 at 10:26
This was also on a Troopy!

Very good item, and worth chasing up...
FollowupID: 321636

Follow Up By: Member - jtb - Wednesday, May 26, 2004 at 04:25

Wednesday, May 26, 2004 at 04:25
TKS Truckster , i will love it , the simple set ups ,i went to several can
vas shops before they would would manufacture what i wanted but well worth the wait , this could be one of the best accesories i have fitted , will fix pictures soon tks ted cheers
FollowupID: 321752

Reply By: Member - Melissa - Tuesday, May 25, 2004 at 10:25

Tuesday, May 25, 2004 at 10:25
I recently saw a very good DIY job. Basically the chap had used polypipe to house the tarp. He'd cut a narrow grove down the full length of the pipe and fitted end caps to both ends. Inside he had a length of round steel with threaded ends and attached one side of the tarp to this using those black fastening thingy's that auto sparkies use to secure wire looms etc (can't think what they're called). Anyway, he'd drilled holes through the centre of each end cap and the steel pipe protruded through there where he'd placed a large nut on each end to secure the whole thing in place. At one end he'd made provision to attach a small handle to wind the tarp back inside the tube after use. The handle he kept under the front passenger seat and simply slipped it in place as required. The whole job including the tarp cost about $50.

:o) Melissa
AnswerID: 60039

Reply By: Member - Alan- Tuesday, May 25, 2004 at 10:58

Tuesday, May 25, 2004 at 10:58
I've got a large tarp wrapped around a round metal tube and roped to a square tube which I bolt to the side of the roof rack and can then unroll the canvas.
Hold it up with 4 tent poles and guy ropes and the pole position can be altered to bring it down at the front to provide extra shade and shelter.
It's a bit heavy as the canvas is heavy duty stuff but it's proved it's worth when that sun is beating down, or on the rare occassion it's rained on us.
Just what we need ...... plenty of shade to drink cold beer in.
AnswerID: 60049

Reply By: Member - Andrew O - Tuesday, May 25, 2004 at 12:39

Tuesday, May 25, 2004 at 12:39
Southern Cross canvas also make one of these - attaches to the roof rack, and is available with or without the sides, in canvas or as a tarp material. Worth checking out.

Cheers
Andrew
AnswerID: 60056

Sponsored Links