Roof top bags

Submitted: Monday, Jan 25, 2016 at 11:47
ThreadID: 131451 Views:5935 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all, been looking at the adventure kings roof top bag 1200x900x300. Has anyone used one of these, or know much about them.. Not much info on quality, or material used.. It's a bit of a cheapie!, and I am aware of you pay for what you get. But thought Kings is a reasonable/reputable name.. Any thoughts or suggestions would help.. It's only $89 + $20 delivery.. Similar rhino type is $350... Thanks all.. Cheers Odog
Some people want it to happen, some people wish it could happen, others make it happen!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bob Y. - Qld - Monday, Jan 25, 2016 at 13:51

Monday, Jan 25, 2016 at 13:51
Haven't had a Kings one, Odog, but bought one from ARB. It wasn't an ARB branded one, but one that they on-sell.

Seemed okay, though material was very light, but had good zips and plenty of straps to tie it down. The material tore along the side of zip on one side, so got it replaced, no charge, at ARB Rockhampton.

Probably still got it, in the carton, packed away somewhere.

Bob

Seen it all, Done it all.
Can't remember most of it.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 595400

Follow Up By: Member - Odog - Monday, Jan 25, 2016 at 15:01

Monday, Jan 25, 2016 at 15:01
G'day Bob, yeah, I don't like buying stuff I can't see.. Never know the quality, though cheap in price, not to worried about being 100% water and dust proof, stuff we intend to put in it, spent last trip (8weeks) strapped on top of CT.. More just to throw odds n ends in, and strapped up securely.. Table n chairs mainly... Size would fit nice, (haven't got the roof platform yet.. Lol) waiting for the 4x4 show this weekend.. Been saving all my pennies... Cheers Odog
Some people want it to happen, some people wish it could happen, others make it happen!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 864099

Reply By: maurice b - Monday, Jan 25, 2016 at 20:52

Monday, Jan 25, 2016 at 20:52
I was down at there store a few days ago and had a look at it . Its quiet well made no seams good zip with a dust/water cover flap with velscro . Material is waterproof nylon. Only has 2 tie down points which are not on ends . Good buy from that price. I had a canvas one made to size in 2003 and have used it every year on remote trips, still going strong. You can buy or have a custom one made to size from this links sometimes i get emails saying 50% offhttp://www.infrontcampinggear.com.au/font-colorpurpleroof-rack-bagsafont
AnswerID: 595407

Follow Up By: Member - Odog - Tuesday, Jan 26, 2016 at 10:28

Tuesday, Jan 26, 2016 at 10:28
Thanks Maurice, that's the answer I was looking for, you gave me more info than the sales staff, when I rang them yesterday.. Thanks heaps.. Much appreciate that.. Cheers Odog

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 864131

Sponsored Links