Goulburn River NP - Big River Camping Area?

Submitted: Tuesday, Jan 26, 2016 at 08:08
ThreadID: 131459 Views:1936 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hello, just wondering if anybody can provide a bit of info in regards to Big River Camping Area in the Goulburn River NP? I am looking at coming from the south via Wollar next week. Two vehicles (LC's) one towing a Quantum and the other a Kimberley Camper.
Is it OK for campers?
Any tips on a few of the sites in the NP?
I have had a look on the web and it refers to 4x4's and tenting but not much about vans being taken in? Spring Gully Camping area only seems to be suitable for tenting?
Any first hand experience/info would be appreciated.

Regards Will
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Graeme W (NSW) - Tuesday, Jan 26, 2016 at 09:15

Tuesday, Jan 26, 2016 at 09:15
Hi Will,

I towed my van into there a litle over 12 months ago. The road in was well maintained dirt all the way to Big River campground.

I stayed at Spring Gully as there was no one else there. There was a bus down at Big River, so your rigs shouldn't have any problems.

Both campgrounds were fine for vans.

Graeme

Lake Eyre 2011

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 595432

Reply By: Member - Thomas F - Tuesday, Jan 26, 2016 at 09:19

Tuesday, Jan 26, 2016 at 09:19
Will, we were in the park in Sept. Had the place to ourselves except for a fewdaytrippers and the wild life. Camped with our 15ft Cambridge in Spring Gully. Excellent spot, wide open camp areas suitable for any type of RV. There is also some shaded area if you require. Preferred it to Big River C.G. further up the road. Thoroughly enjoyed the place, one of the better camping areas we have stayed in over the last 10 years of travelling. Cheers Tom
AnswerID: 595433

Reply By: Member - Will 76 Series - Tuesday, Jan 26, 2016 at 20:01

Tuesday, Jan 26, 2016 at 20:01
Tom & Graeme,

Thanks very much, I am looking forward to the NP and also taking the vans in there.
Regards Will
AnswerID: 595459

Sponsored Links