Box hole crater?

Submitted: Monday, Feb 01, 2016 at 19:51
ThreadID: 131526 Views:1772 Replies:2 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All, can anyone share any details, in regard to access to Box Hole Crater, I understand it is on private property, and may not be accessible... Any info in reguad to access, and also recommendations for an over night stop in the surrounding area, would be appreciated.. Thanks in advance.. Cheers Odog
Some people want it to happen, some people wish it could happen, others make it happen!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Rod N (QLD) - Monday, Feb 01, 2016 at 21:17

Monday, Feb 01, 2016 at 21:17
Check out the places report on this site Box Hole Crater
You could probably stop overnight at Eastern_Chief_Bore_West
See the Plenty_Highway Trek Notes for extra details.
It's marvelous what can be found on this site.
AnswerID: 595788

Follow Up By: Member - Odog - Tuesday, Feb 02, 2016 at 17:13

Tuesday, Feb 02, 2016 at 17:13
Thanks Rod, thought I read some where it is private property, need to get permission to access it? Cheers for that.. Odog
Some people want it to happen, some people wish it could happen, others make it happen!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 864551

Reply By: Member - Michael P (QLD) - Thursday, Feb 04, 2016 at 12:56

Thursday, Feb 04, 2016 at 12:56
Odog Hi, It is on private property but access is not a problem. They have put a new access road in, if You are going in from the Plenty head north past the house on LHS think from memory about 2klm the track is on Your left all signed, One or two vehicles could camp in there I towed my van in but a bit difficult.
Found a reasonable campsite just south of Irrliree.
Regards Mike.
AnswerID: 595898

Follow Up By: Member - Odog - Thursday, Feb 04, 2016 at 16:18

Thursday, Feb 04, 2016 at 16:18
G'day Mike, that's great to hear, do you know if it is sign posted on the plenty, or anything to look out for coming up to turn off? be heading west towards Alice Springs.. Much appreciate the info, big help.. Thanks so much.. Cheers Odog

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 864665

Follow Up By: Member - Michael P (QLD) - Thursday, Feb 04, 2016 at 17:50

Thursday, Feb 04, 2016 at 17:50
Odog, that's on the Binn's track so there are plenty of signs off the plenty. If You don't have a good map showing the crater etc. let me know & I'll get one for You. When I went up the road hadn't seen a grader for a while.
Mike.
FollowupID: 864670

Follow Up By: Member - Odog - Thursday, Feb 04, 2016 at 19:59

Thursday, Feb 04, 2016 at 19:59
Thanks again Mike, will get a detailed map, hoping it will show up on the hema as well. Looking forward to it, later in the year.. Suppose it would be pretty wet around the area at present, from what's been on the news.. Thx Owen

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 864675

Follow Up By: Member - Odog - Sunday, Feb 07, 2016 at 09:54

Sunday, Feb 07, 2016 at 09:54
Hi Mike, do you recall roughly the time it took to get from the Plenty to the crater? Just to get an idea for our bit of a schedule.. I also sent you a msg, just in case you didn't see this.. Thanks Owen

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 864778

Sponsored Links

Popular Products (13)