Easter in the bush

Submitted: Friday, Feb 19, 2016 at 07:09
ThreadID: 131638 Views:2041 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Good morning fellow forumites! What are we all doing over Easter? Easter is the start of the Tourism season for us, so we always expect our first travellers for the year to start trickling past on the road and hopefully through our front gate. Have many of you visited our place Kilcowera Station? Even though there is still the drought on we have a great grassy camping area around our Shearers Quarters. Most of our guests say that's it's delightful to camp on grass after being elsewhere. There is also lots of beautiful hot bore water, powered sites now and your own campfire.
We are going camping this year too! Off to the Big Red Bash - should be stacks of fun - I am so looking forward to it!
Just give us a tinkle on the phone, email or through this forum if you are wanting to know anything about our local road conditions, weather, fuel, food availability etc as being a local we may be able to help out. here is a piccy of our camping area, we also have another camping area alongside a beautiful lagoon. Cheers Toni and Greg.
Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Reply By: Member - NellnPete (VIC) - Friday, Feb 19, 2016 at 10:59

Friday, Feb 19, 2016 at 10:59
A great place to stay, kick back and relax.
AnswerID: 596385

Reply By: Member - silkwood - Sunday, Feb 21, 2016 at 19:00

Sunday, Feb 21, 2016 at 19:00
Only station I've stayed in was Bramwell, before the OTT. Great experience, including the feather-denuded cocky! Must say there are some lovely station stays which are going on to my list. Good to see the stations venturing into the tourist/adventure market.

This Easter we're heading to Renmark to spend time camping with the boat. In honesty we've avoided going away at Easter over the years, the crowds putting us off. After purchasing a boat a couple of years ago (Whittley 5.8m voyager) it has changed our habits. With the boat we can head up river and find an area away from the crowds and skiers. Not to mention the chance to head back into town for lunch at a pub!

What's everyone got planned for this Easter?
AnswerID: 596451

Sponsored Links