What's Up Down Under

Submitted: Sunday, Feb 21, 2016 at 17:57
ThreadID: 131651 Views:2384 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Just watched this show. I'd like to be able to say it's a second rate production... but it doesn't make the grade. Am I missing something?

While I'm at it, All For Adventure is one of my favourite off road shows. They are now starting a subscription only series for $8 per month. For 8 episodes. I get complete Netflix for the same price. Anyone subscribing to this? Why?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Peter M (QLD) - Monday, Feb 22, 2016 at 17:28

Monday, Feb 22, 2016 at 17:28
I don't understand Netflix! How much data does it ise a month?
About What's Up Downunder: I foolishly purchased their membership and then looked at what discounts I get and found that at 74 years of age and a full time traveller it is of little benefit to me. I will not be renewing.
As for the show (and the DVD's they and a caravan magazine send out) just pure unadulterested advertising. Rubbish show I don't bother to watch it any more. It's not because they show it at Happy Hour time either.
PeteM
AnswerID: 596508

Follow Up By: Michael H9 - Monday, Feb 22, 2016 at 19:32

Monday, Feb 22, 2016 at 19:32
If you get stuck into the Netflix it will chew your data. It's a hidden cost if you aren't on an unlimited download plan especially if there are different family members hammering it at the same time.
FollowupID: 865383

Reply By: Member - Smithy-Yea - Monday, Feb 22, 2016 at 21:41

Monday, Feb 22, 2016 at 21:41
Hi i have watched wudu and Discover Downunder and other shows like this so what do people like whats the best show out there these days.
AnswerID: 596514

Follow Up By: Stephen F2 - Monday, Feb 22, 2016 at 22:36

Monday, Feb 22, 2016 at 22:36
The 2 dudes with Landcruisers I am jealous of their vehicles.Best part of show is they show gearbox breakdown and not hide it.And their exploration up Cape York showing all the crap washed up on shore.Good pairing of characters too .I am sure MR 4x4 wouldnt show Amorok gearbox breakdown as be at least 8 grand to fix ....And for whats up ya.... program its for glam camping..
FollowupID: 865394

Reply By: Robyn R4 - Saturday, Feb 27, 2016 at 12:00

Saturday, Feb 27, 2016 at 12:00
About 5 years ago What's Up Down Under used to be interesting and in our house we'd watch it to see interesting things to do and places to see...
One series had a "best chicken parmie" competition where they'd have lunch and give the chicken parmie a rating. Probably sounds a bit silly, and maybe it was (!) but it inspired us to get on the motorbike some weekends. We'd see our local area, have lunch and give our own "parmie ratings" and have a damn good day trip.

Now the show's almost full of ads for caravans or caravan parks. If you're not in the market for a new van and not looking to holiday in the place they're visiting, it's not relevant. Interesting to some, perhaps...

All For Adventure is the hit in our house,too. And Pat Callinan.

:)

AnswerID: 596735

Sponsored Links