Tent ?? Oztrail Fast Frame

Submitted: Wednesday, Feb 24, 2016 at 12:04
ThreadID: 131677 Views:4893 Replies:2 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Has anyone used the Oztrail Fast Frame tents.They look just like Black Wolf tents.I contacted Oztrail but were not forthcoming with durability and ability to handle heavy rain and frosty deserts..I am still leaning towards the Air tent by Darche but saw these Oztrail tents..Oneday someone will design a good all round tent.Many tents are good but lack 1 or 2 things .thanks
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: CSeaJay - Wednesday, Feb 24, 2016 at 12:11

Wednesday, Feb 24, 2016 at 12:11
Stephen,

We bought one. before this one we actually had the Black Woolf turbo (the light one, not canvas) so I can provide some comparison.
Lightweight, erect and de-erect as well as the Black Woolf.
Better in rain, as the fly covers the windows all the way down to the ground; the Black Woolf fly is a 'high cut' and does not cover the tent walls.
Better ventilation, with big windows and 'ceiling' vents.
All up a little more flimsy IMO, but if you peg it down properly you should not have any problem.
AND you can buy THREE of these for the price of a Black Woolf! (Or I could at least, at the time. End November '15)
Cheers
CJ
AnswerID: 596592

Follow Up By: Stephen F2 - Wednesday, Feb 24, 2016 at 15:19

Wednesday, Feb 24, 2016 at 15:19
Hi CJ are you on Eggheads ABC ha ha ha ..sorry bad joke must be the humidity in Adelaide..Anyways where did you use the Oztrail tent I want to go deserts where can be very cold at night and up to tropics as well.So condensation good with big vents and how bout in decent rain cheers
Appears to me the BW have got more expensive over time.
FollowupID: 865487

Follow Up By: CSeaJay - Wednesday, Feb 24, 2016 at 15:49

Wednesday, Feb 24, 2016 at 15:49
Stephen we used in the tropics and it survived heavy rain
If you go to BCF there should be an erected sample, you will see the ventilation is good so condensation should not be a problem.

As to cold, dunno about that, it will be cold for sure, but will a canvas tent be warmer? We had a canvas tent on the CSR and when you close all windows then condensation was a problem.
FollowupID: 865489

Follow Up By: Stephen F2 - Wednesday, Feb 24, 2016 at 16:25

Wednesday, Feb 24, 2016 at 16:25
Thanks CJ wow you done CSR. was it worth it ? I haven't yet...But I worked at Balgo Hills and had relationship with Aboriginal lady .I was lucky her family showed me remarkable places .Some crazy tracks but my old Redhen 60 series L.C some how got through. They should set up tourism out there but not in their mindset.I heard Jacks Waterhole closed on GRR, as Aboriginals got their land back but closed the old camp grounds. My favourite spot ...
Just cuddle up with my wife and son if too cold or squash in a swag my son only 5...
Chheers
FollowupID: 865492

Reply By: Member - Odog - Wednesday, Feb 24, 2016 at 21:04

Wednesday, Feb 24, 2016 at 21:04
G'day Stephen, we just lashed out, and brought the oztent rv3, next trip is without the ct, and wanted something quick to set up and take down.. Haven't used it yet, but have it set up in the spare room, pretty cool how they are designed, we are happy with it, and got it at a great price, so hopefully win.. win.. Situation.. Time will tell.. Cheers Odog
Some people want it to happen, some people wish it could happen, others make it happen!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 596620

Follow Up By: Stephen F2 - Wednesday, Feb 24, 2016 at 21:08

Wednesday, Feb 24, 2016 at 21:08
I thought I would get 1 but can not go on my roofrack.I didn't think of an open ended one.My neighbour has one and I didnt really use my brain and rushed into buying it because no drilling through roof like most I looked at ...cheers
FollowupID: 865513

Sponsored Links