Hema HN6 and Mac IOS10

Submitted: Tuesday, Mar 15, 2016 at 14:55
ThreadID: 131838 Views:1869 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I run a new Mac Notebook and Parallels (windows VM within IOS). No matter what I do I cannot get the MacBook to recognise the HN6. Ozi Explorer will run in Parallels fine but as it does not recognise the HN6 its all a bit pointless! (cant load routes onto it from the notebook - cant update through Navi toolbox etc)
Anyone got any suggestions?
Andrew.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: The Explorer - Tuesday, Mar 15, 2016 at 15:20

Tuesday, Mar 15, 2016 at 15:20
Hello

Not familiar with Macs but I assume you can take the microSD card out of the HN6 and using a card reader connect it to the Mac. The SD card should have the relevant data folders where OziExplorer stores its files - so just copy the (route/waypoint/track) files across and put the SD card back in. Just an assumption but dont see why this wouldn't work.

Cant help with the Navi toobox issue as that is different process.

Get the impression Hema (if contacted direct) probably can't help much either based on what they say on this page

Apple Mac Compatibility

Though they do suggest "best to stick to Windows XP, Windows 7, or Windows 8" when using an emulator. What version are you using?

Cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 597374

Follow Up By: toffytrailertrash - Wednesday, Mar 16, 2016 at 09:05

Wednesday, Mar 16, 2016 at 09:05
Hi Andrew

Don' bother, I tried for weeks even using parallels on my iMac and it doesn't work properly. The simple solution which is what I did is go and buy yourself a pc lap top running windows.

Cheers

Merv
FollowupID: 866445

Sponsored Links