blue holes reserve jamieson vic

Looking for somewhere to camp over Easter for 5 camper trailers. Can somebody shed some light on the suitability of this places? Is it a spacious area where we could be accommodated? Any comments would be appreciated We need to know in advance so that the Easter Bunny can find us. Happy Easter to all.
I will go anywhere as long as it's forward

My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - mechpete - Monday, Mar 21, 2016 at 19:31

Monday, Mar 21, 2016 at 19:31
anywhere in the Victorian high country at easter will be just chockers with campers
cheers mechpete
AnswerID: 597616

Reply By: Kenell - Monday, Mar 21, 2016 at 20:38

Monday, Mar 21, 2016 at 20:38
John,
As Machete has said it will be shoulder to shoulder camping. Blue Holes is roomy and under normal circumstances you would have plenty of space there but Easter is another story. The stretch between Mansfield and WoodsPoint is very popular as it is 2 wheel drivable. If you get away from the main roads a bit you will do better

Ken
AnswerID: 597619

Reply By: Member - Boobook - Tuesday, Mar 22, 2016 at 12:27

Tuesday, Mar 22, 2016 at 12:27
I can't see that any decent camp ground within 200km on Melbourne would be free this weekend.

My advice is send one or more cars up on Wednesday or very very very early Thursday morning loaded up with as many tents and chairs as you can fit in the vehicles so you can set up a camp, then phone the location back to the others. You will still be lucky to get a spot.
AnswerID: 597638

Follow Up By: Member - john y - Saturday, Apr 02, 2016 at 10:26

Saturday, Apr 02, 2016 at 10:26
Many thanks for the replies. We had a look at blue hole not much there no toilets or fire places. Limited space. We camped at 12 mile reserve much better.We arrived early and were able to secure our spots and as predicted the place was full by earlyt Good Friday. If you intend to travel the Jamieson- Woods Point road please be aware that bulk ore trucks travel the road from A1 settlement towards Jamieson daily and usually travel in lots of 2. regards john y
I will go anywhere as long as it's forward

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 867222

Sponsored Links