mobile phone

Submitted: Wednesday, Mar 23, 2016 at 19:29
ThreadID: 131911 Views:2679 Replies:5 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
have a 6 month old telstra tough max t84 took it to testra for repair today,speaker not working was told,they tried to contact their repair section,would not answer phone,the joke is they would not let me leave the phone with them until they can contact the repair place,have to go back again and waste more time,and not even a loan phone to use in the meantime,is their anybody else having problems with their t 84?the only reason i bought it was an external aeriel can be hooked up to it for bush use bye barry
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Jim B8 - Wednesday, Mar 23, 2016 at 20:01

Wednesday, Mar 23, 2016 at 20:01
Barry
yes I got rid of mine yesterday. I was sold on the remote aerial socket,, and found that firmware, lockups, non functioning issues drove me mad. Mine was named "Telstra Dave". I went overseas for 18 days and came back, no missed calls. I thought, awesome, but no, it was locked up again.

So I bought a Samsung S5, last years model, try again. I reckon the deal is, buy the phone outright, at least you can move it if it isnt working out.
Falling for the external socket thing is best avoided. Just a party trick if the rest doesnt work properly. It has to be stable first off, I reckon. No good having a remote socket if it cant pass thru poor reception without locking up
Mine is in the drawer if anyone wants it. Skitzy heap of crap?
Remote, I will stick with the Sat phone, cost and all, at least it works, 100% of the time.
Hope you have a better run with yours, but the issues are not limited to just the speaker....
Jim
AnswerID: 597684

Reply By: 9900Eagle - Wednesday, Mar 23, 2016 at 20:01

Wednesday, Mar 23, 2016 at 20:01
Contact telstra complaints, that normally gets things running. They will tell the local shop to lend you a phone via a notification number.

PS. They are masters at driving you to the point of suicide.
AnswerID: 597685

Reply By: Bob Y. - Qld - Wednesday, Mar 23, 2016 at 20:07

Wednesday, Mar 23, 2016 at 20:07
Barry,

I've had Max with me for about that long too, but as yet haven't had a fault.

But I have had dramas!!! When you're nearly 70 and you finally buy your first "smart phone", I've been more inclined to call it a &$@)(/$@ half-smart phone. :-)

There is another Telstra phone, a T96, that has an aerial socket. Very light, maybe a bit frail, but the old style and only about $50.

Bob

Seen it all, Done it all.
Can't remember most of it.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 597688

Reply By: Notso - Thursday, Mar 24, 2016 at 09:10

Thursday, Mar 24, 2016 at 09:10
I've got Max's little brother Dave, he's been fine for the last 3 years. A bit slow, a bit short on memory but the external antenna works a treat! I've been thinking about upgrading to a Max, but might wait a bit longer and see what happens with them!
AnswerID: 597706

Reply By: Tim - Friday, Mar 25, 2016 at 03:52

Friday, Mar 25, 2016 at 03:52
Had similar issues with a telstra dave tough phone. Telstra customer service were anything but that. They refused to warrant a near new phone that failed on me. Their claim was that it was just a smart phone and should be treatedas such despite being called a tough phone. I swore to never use telstra again never have. Moved to a provider called boost. They use telstra 4g towers and cost half as much. I dont have the option of the hardwired external antenna but have the satphone for real emergencies, got my pride intact after telling telstra where to go and saving $$$$ as well.
Tim
AnswerID: 597749

Follow Up By: Member - Boobook - Friday, Mar 25, 2016 at 07:48

Friday, Mar 25, 2016 at 07:48
Hate to break the bad news Tim, but Boost is 100% owned by a little company called ......Telstra.

The staff are Telstra, the towers are Telstra, the back end system is Telstra., the customer service is ..you guessed it.. Telstra. The only 2 things that aren't Telstra are the orange logo and the name they use to answer the phone.

It's the same model as Qantas Jetstar.
FollowupID: 866801

Sponsored Links