Refrigeration in the Tropics

Submitted: Monday, Mar 28, 2016 at 19:50
ThreadID: 131949 Views:2064 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All, I have a 215 litre Dometic / Waeco upright fridge in my 12 month old caravan. The fridge is going out on a high pressure fault. I can turn the airconditioner on and get the ambient temperature down (we live in the north and have constant 40 degree and high humidity) and restart the fridge, however it keeps doing it once i turn off the aircond. I have just fitted twin computer fans to the cabinet on a thermostat to try and move some air over the fridge coil. Has anyone else had this problem and if so, how did you overcome the issue. Thank you.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Jim B8 - Monday, Mar 28, 2016 at 20:19

Monday, Mar 28, 2016 at 20:19
I have the same fridge in the BT, and have fitted an internal fan, as it wasnt getting cold down the bottom. But its never tripped. And I live in Cairns, and have taken it to Karratha, very hot there. I reckon its over gassed? Worth a try anyway, time for a trip to the doctors
AnswerID: 597864

Reply By: Peter_n_Margaret - Tuesday, Mar 29, 2016 at 11:30

Tuesday, Mar 29, 2016 at 11:30
I would guess (but it is only a guess) that the condenser and compressor are not sufficiently ventilated and are getting hot.
The Danfos BD35s operate inherently well in hot conditions. They are also all variable speed and can be set to run at higher capacity in very hot conditions, but that won't fix the cooling problem, if that is what it is.

This is our fridge.

Cheers,
Peter
OKA196 Motorhome
AnswerID: 597899

Sponsored Links