Download Trek unsuccessful on Samsung tablet

Submitted: Wednesday, Mar 30, 2016 at 16:54
ThreadID: 131973 Views:1708 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all, I'm a new member and having trouble downloading a Trek to my Samsung tablet (Nuytsland Nature Reserve). I click on the download button which takes me to 'Map Data Downloads' where I select OziExplorer and click on Download. An advise comes up telling me I will be prompted to save download. That screen then closes but when I go to check the download it tells me it has been unsuccessful. Any help would be appreciated.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: The Explorer - Wednesday, Mar 30, 2016 at 17:30

Wednesday, Mar 30, 2016 at 17:30
Hello Rob

I just tried on Galaxy S3 Tab using the supplied "Internet" Browser App (icon a blue earth) and the download failed for me also.

I then tried using Firefox browser and it worked so it would appear the issue is with the "Internet" Browser App.

So as a workaround would suggest downloading Firefox Browser app (free) (or Google Chrome (assume that works but haven't tried).

Not sure if it is something missing at ExplorOz end - will advise David and see what he says.

Cheers
Greg

I
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 597976

Follow Up By: Member - Rob R3 - Thursday, Mar 31, 2016 at 23:10

Thursday, Mar 31, 2016 at 23:10
Thanks Greg, Firefox did the trick but when I try & open the download I get 'cannot open file' - any ideas?
I use the tablet with OziExplorer for navigation.
Cheers
Rob
FollowupID: 867162

Reply By: Life Member - Fred B (ex-NT) - Wednesday, Mar 30, 2016 at 19:00

Wednesday, Mar 30, 2016 at 19:00
I am having difficulty with widows explorer on PC and Samsung Galaxy as well as Samsung phones for a number of web sites. So I switched to google chrome with no issues.
regards
Fred B
VKS 737: Mobile/Selcall 1334

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 597980

Sponsored Links