Replacement flick mixer in Jayco camper-trailer

Submitted: Wednesday, Apr 06, 2016 at 16:05
ThreadID: 132044 Views:4288 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Our 2003 Jayco Penguin has a U/S hand pump for water from the tank, connected using 1/2" clear plastic tubing. It also has a dripping mains tap (connected via John Guest fittings, from what I can see) to the mains pressure inlet on the side of the van. Failure of the hand pump and mains tap seems to be a common problem, and a search of the internet suggests that a common fix is to replace the mains tap with a cheap flickmixer from Bunnings (about $30). The Bunnings Flickmixer comes with two standard "easyhooker" braided lines with 1/2"BSP threaded female connectors to suit household domestic plumbing. Connect the John Guest pipe to one inlet of the Flickmixer, and, after installing a 12v inline pump (with pressure switch) into the hand pump hose using a T-piece, put the outlet of the pump to the other inlet of the Flickmixer. This all sounds great, but none of the internet articles explains what fittings you need to deal with all the changes in pipe and hose size. Has anyone done this and got any ideas please???
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: HKB Electronics - Wednesday, Apr 06, 2016 at 18:12

Wednesday, Apr 06, 2016 at 18:12
I haven't done this myself but what I would do is purchase a John Guest adaptor, with a push on fitting on one end to suit the pipe in your unit and a male 1/2 inch BSP on the other end that will screw into the flick mixer.

For the other you'll need a 1/2 inch male BSP to hose tail fitting to suit the clear plastic tube, the pump you buy will also need hose tail fittings.

Hope this helps.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 598275

Follow Up By: Keir & Marg - Wednesday, Apr 06, 2016 at 19:56

Wednesday, Apr 06, 2016 at 19:56
Thanks. I've had a look at the Caravans plus website and they do list these items. When I do the job, I might make a list of what was required and post it on here for others who want to do a similar modification.
FollowupID: 867457

Reply By: Peter C61 - Wednesday, Apr 06, 2016 at 22:02

Wednesday, Apr 06, 2016 at 22:02
I have done this also, just put tail fittings into the flick mixer, the john Guest pipe fits over the tail fitting and fix with a couple of pipe clamps. you can also use good barbed garden fittings for the T piece or joiners. I used nylon fittings from a rural pump supplier, they are much better quality than what you will get from Bunnings.
AnswerID: 598285

Sponsored Links