Club 4x4 Recovery Insurance.. examples?

Submitted: Thursday, Apr 07, 2016 at 15:32
ThreadID: 132055 Views:2936 Replies:2 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Has anyone made a recovery claim against Club 4x4 yet? I see there PDS mentions they'll only pay for expenses you pay to

"a registered, licensed towing or recovery company or an agent that Club 4X4 has authorised to transport, tow or recover the vehicle to the nearest town or sealed road, whichever is closest."

It'd be interesting to hear of any examples of successful claims or, more interestingly, any claims that have been denied.

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: LAZYLUX16 - Thursday, Apr 07, 2016 at 23:04

Thursday, Apr 07, 2016 at 23:04
Yes I would like to know also as I asked a question about insurance just yesterday on here.I got reply stating $15000 for recovery.Now you wrote this question how does one afford to pay the recovery company upfront.Then you will be hoping they reimburse asap.Many questions need to be ssked.I am still confused will recovery only be reimbursed if vehicle is involved in accident or also mechanical breakdown .People who write policies are Lawyers and very clever I am just ordinary laymen .Need a degree in English to understand their PDF .
AnswerID: 598333

Follow Up By: Jackolux - Friday, Apr 08, 2016 at 01:09

Friday, Apr 08, 2016 at 01:09
The PDS spells it out easy enough to understand the way I read it , yes you are covered for accident and break down .
FollowupID: 867511

Follow Up By: garrycol - Friday, Apr 08, 2016 at 10:42

Friday, Apr 08, 2016 at 10:42
There was a thread about a month ago on Club 4x4 and their recovery policies - if I remember there was some confusion but Club 4x4 were going to look at it.

It might be worthwhile finding that thread and having a good read.

However - for most other insurance companies (and maybe Club 4x4) accident coverage and breakdown/recovery insurance are two different types of coverage and not normally linked.

Other than the NRMA/RACV/Q etc roadside service which has limitations for remote/offroad travel as far as I am aware there are no organisation that offers remote/offroad/recovery insurance where there is no accident. To my mind a missed business opportunity for the current recovery organisations in these areas.

Now Club 4x4 may now be covering this but there were issues a month ago.

FollowupID: 867523

Follow Up By: Jackolux - Friday, Apr 08, 2016 at 11:22

Friday, Apr 08, 2016 at 11:22
Club 4x4 have addressed the issues for remote BREAKDOWN recovery the PDS now says recovery to the nearest Bitumen Road or the nearest Town , it now clears up the confusion where it said Gazetted Road .
The premium for remote recovery has gone up but for those that already have insured with them , we do not have to pay any increase for the current term of our policy , we will still be recovered under the terms of the NEW PDS .

Crash / Accident recovery Club 4x4 have to recover the vehicle to a repairer no matter how remote the vehicle is , if it's a total loss / write off , I guess they could just pay out the insured value it then becomes their vehicle and do whatever they like with it .

I know RACV Total Care is only for Breakdown and only on a road that is accessible to conventional 2 WD vehicle .
FollowupID: 867527

Reply By: David T6 - Friday, Apr 08, 2016 at 12:32

Friday, Apr 08, 2016 at 12:32
The wording of recovery to nearest road has me worried in that you have serious breakage to your vehicle, i.e. Diff or engine blown and they will recover you to the nearest road? What good will that do you?

Just read the above reply. Recovery to town.
AnswerID: 598358

Sponsored Links