Normington to Darwin on Savannah way with falcon?

Submitted: Friday, Apr 08, 2016 at 12:41
ThreadID: 132064 Views:2045 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all,

I've done the Savanah way a few years back in my patrol. Was great fun.

My mum and her boyfriend are planing to drive to from Mt Isa to Normington then continue on to Darwin along the Savanah way.

From memory the track it's self would most likely be doable in the falcon. It's the water crossings that I think they would run into problems with.

I did it in October and some of the crossings are still pretty deep, for a falcon anyway. They plan to be there May/June.

Anyone have any ideas if their would be possible in a 15 year old falcon given it is mechanically good.

Also what are the road conditions like between Mt Isa and Normington, never done that route before.

Thanks in advance!
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - mechpete - Friday, Apr 08, 2016 at 17:02

Friday, Apr 08, 2016 at 17:02
what did the falcon ever do to you
do be to hard on it
mechpete
AnswerID: 598373

Reply By: Bob Y. - Qld - Friday, Apr 08, 2016 at 17:09

Friday, Apr 08, 2016 at 17:09
Mt Isa to Normanton via Cloncurry and Burke 'n Wills Roadhouse is all bitumen. Some of it might be still narrow, one lane surface though.

Can't help with the Savannah Way info, rb30e. Might be a tough ask for the old Falcoon?

Bob

Seen it all, Done it all.
Can't remember most of it.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 598375

Reply By: Member - rooster350 - Saturday, Apr 09, 2016 at 10:04

Saturday, Apr 09, 2016 at 10:04
We had an EF falcon wagon towing a 17ft poptop and took it on some very very rough roads around Australia, but having driven the Savanah Way between Borolloola and Hells Gate with the same van and a 4x4 I am sure glad that I was not in the Falcon...good as it was...cheers
AnswerID: 598399

Sponsored Links