KENTONE-BE VERY CAREFUL

Submitted: Thursday, May 27, 2004 at 13:01
ThreadID: 13210 Views:1959 Replies:5 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
have just had cargo barrier installed by KENTONE- melb/vic and guy installing was great.
however time to pay up and call made to base to clarify price(installer still great)-well all i can say is i broke my own rule of not getting pricing in writing and name of person quoting. all i will say is i will never ever deal with them again and strongly advise to get quotes in writing.
that is all i will say as there is always two sides to a story and they are not present to defend themselves(shame about that as it would be interesting reading)
should have gone with my second quote from reputable place which was same price as originally quoted by KENTONE-not price ended up paying
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: floyd - Thursday, May 27, 2004 at 15:17

Thursday, May 27, 2004 at 15:17
I have bought from Kentone B4 and found them to be great.

If it was me and the price was different to what was quoted I would have then said that because the price is not what I was quoted then take the barrier out and I will go to the other store and have it fitted there. They most probably would have accepted the original price.

What you can do now is give the original person a call and let them know that if the difference is not paid then you will take them to the small claims court. This is a free service to you and from my experience their it has always been in my favour. They are fair and reasonable.
AnswerID: 60445

Follow Up By: fozzy - Thursday, May 27, 2004 at 15:39

Thursday, May 27, 2004 at 15:39
thought about doing that but need for weekend.
just thinking what optons were available and whether worthwile if only on principle might do small claims although really comes down to my word against theirs.
might actually put in writing to them and then go from their...ie start ball rolling for tribunal appearance.
really should of got written quote at start and wouldnt be so p....d off
thanks for reply floyd
FollowupID: 322026

Reply By: BrianB - Thursday, May 27, 2004 at 16:28

Thursday, May 27, 2004 at 16:28
Hey fozzy,

You never know your luck. If you send them a well written letter explaining the situation they may come to the party anyway. That would save any other hassles. Hope it all works out.

Cheers

Brian
AnswerID: 60460

Reply By: Member -Bob & Lex (Sydney) - Thursday, May 27, 2004 at 17:14

Thursday, May 27, 2004 at 17:14
Stick it up them. Give them a ring & ask for the manager , then tell him the story & take it from there. If i'm quoted a price thats all I pay.
AnswerID: 60468

Reply By: Mrs Diamond - Thursday, May 27, 2004 at 18:11

Thursday, May 27, 2004 at 18:11
when i was fitting cargo barriers there was always a fitted price and a price for onsite fitting maybe that6s what it is.
AnswerID: 60477

Reply By: Slammin - Friday, May 28, 2004 at 00:29

Friday, May 28, 2004 at 00:29
As above SCTrib. etc, but 1st the manager.

Happened to me with tyres, got the manager and he pulled out a greasy little notebook from under the counter had a look at the date I said and Voila, thanks for the discount, if he hadn't of come around he was going to take the tyres off.
AnswerID: 60544

Sponsored Links