GU Patrol Door Flares

Submitted: Tuesday, Apr 12, 2016 at 16:40
ThreadID: 132106 Views:2989 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
To follow up on Threads 14413 and 52664, I have a GU2 2001 Patrol wagon and recently had to repair the rear driver's side door flare.
There are four clips holding the flare. The top one is a screw which you remove first. It is accessed by removing the circular tape over the hole behind the screw. The second and third clips from the top are circular clips that need to be freed up carefully by popping them out with a flat screw driver. After removing these three clips, slide the flare downwards to free the fourth bottom retainer which is not a clip, but a semicircular bracket which is part of the flare and is held in place by a clip which remains in the door.
I used strong araldite (not 5 minute araldite) to repair one cracked and one broken clip and while I haven't road tested it yet, it appears to be sound.
You can buy new flares from Patrolapart (Part Number: 93823VB100W) for $295, and they also have replacement clips and the seal that goes under the flare.

Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Reply By: Robin Miller - Wednesday, Apr 13, 2016 at 08:00

Wednesday, Apr 13, 2016 at 08:00
Sounds good Richard.

We have had a few issues over the years on various Gu's and mostly I have repaired them using a product we always carry called Shoo-Goo which has endless uses..

Its a bit like silicon but is rubber and it not only glues but fills hole and can be used to form the rubber seal.

Takes a bit of skill to make it look good and it mostly comes in black so doesn't look as good if your guards are painted.

Robin Miller

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 598582

Follow Up By: Member - Russler - Wednesday, Apr 13, 2016 at 18:51

Wednesday, Apr 13, 2016 at 18:51
Never had much luck using it to glue shoes back together, so I'm glad you've found a decent use for the stuff
FollowupID: 867788

Sponsored Links