TOMTOM means big trouble for a trucker

Submitted: Thursday, Apr 14, 2016 at 15:19
ThreadID: 132123 Views:2995 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
It amazes me why people insist on doing exactly what a GPS shows, and really it don't matter what brand it is if the settings are not right can lead to trouble as this truck drive found, although this video is not in Australia I was looking at the width of the road and made me remember the time back in 1986 , just West of the Diamantina River on the Kennedy Dev' road myseld and 2 others were held up when the depression left from Cyclone Winifred flooded the Diamantina, I decided to turn my Semi around and go back to Middleton Hotel for supplies, I guess you could have called it an 8 point turn , I backed the trailer off the road but kept the drive on the hard stuff, and got it around ok. I guess this guy could have done the same, the grass and ice would have been better than that sticky black soil in Western Qld. It's only a single drive as my truck was.
gift by Daughter

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 3 Moderator

Reply By: Sigmund - Saturday, Apr 16, 2016 at 10:00

Saturday, Apr 16, 2016 at 10:00
Yeah, maps are never 100% accurate so if you choose auto-routing you can end up in the pooh.

And even when they are ... out of interest I set a destination from a spot in the Vic high country and the auto-routing function choose the shortest route, which was down a rough track I'd class as difficult and slow, rather than a good but longer road.
AnswerID: 598715

Sponsored Links