Blog Review: Around Oz 2016 Apr14-June20

Submitted: Saturday, May 07, 2016 at 11:14
ThreadID: 132334 Views:1212 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived

My Blog Rating: My Rating 4/5

Hi Bruce
Notice from your tracking you are in Tom Price. We will be up that way in a month for about 5 weeks. It is going to be a reunion - the group going up were teachers at Paraburdoo for 5 or so years nearly 25 years ago.
The gorges in Karajini are absolutely gorgeous. Hopefully you managed to get to see a few. I realise you are on a tight schedule, but there are a couple of lookouts that are wheelchair friendly and if you have time would be well worth the day trip.
Love the photos/comments you are posting - it's like reliving our trip around Australia but from a different perspective. My young bloke (9 years old) saw the photo of your dinner at Balladonia and recognised the location. It's amazing how much they remember.
Keep safe and enjoy
Cheers
Anthony
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - brucek - Tuesday, May 31, 2016 at 19:36

Tuesday, May 31, 2016 at 19:36
Thanks Anthony, I'm not sure that I replied, so here goes. Rhonda & I have visited the Karijini before when my sister lived in Tom Price. We spent much of our personal time catching up with people we wanted to see. The others of our group certainly enjoyed the "teaser" visit, and will probably want to visit again. Your visit sounds awesome. Five weeks!! I don't suppose there will be many of the students still around.
BruceK
AnswerID: 600792

Follow Up By: Member - ACD 1 - Tuesday, May 31, 2016 at 20:38

Tuesday, May 31, 2016 at 20:38
Hi Bruce

Thanks for taking time to reply.

Couple of weeks left before we head of so making final preparations. The good thing is once you are set up to go , it doesn't take long to get organised.

Not many of the ex students will still be there, but there are a few. We have kept in touch with friends we made when we were up there and they keep us up to date on the gossip.

Hope your trip is going well. Keep safe

Cheers

Anthony
FollowupID: 870148

Sponsored Links