troopy seat conversion

Submitted: Friday, May 28, 2004 at 11:30
ThreadID: 13238 Views:1711 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I currently own a 78 troopy with 3 seat configuration which I use for work as a carpenter. I`m looking to refit with 4 bucket seats and hoping to put a full length draw system under the rear seats.Has anyone done this or have an idea as to what seats would be suitable.Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Ian(Qld) - Friday, May 28, 2004 at 13:58

Friday, May 28, 2004 at 13:58
Hi Marts,

I have just installed front bucket seats in a 78 series troopy. Seats came from a japanese car recycler, I don't know which car brand. I was able to keep the rails from the original seats and bolt the seats minus rails to them. The key for me is the seats bolt holes are the same distance apart (side to side) as the original. I looked at heaps of seats and was fortunate. In Qld it has to be approved and it is easier if you use original rails.

The biggest negative is the passenger bucket fits 3 of the 4 original fix points but I have to put a high tensile with a reinforcing plate through the floor. The problem is I have to take out the main fuel tank out to fix from below as there is no clearance for a hand to fit.

The rear seats are much easier as there are lots of floor fixing positions and relative flat floor .

The key is plaenty of good measurements before you start.
Hope this assists.
Regards Ian
AnswerID: 60616

Reply By: thomo - Friday, May 28, 2004 at 18:17

Friday, May 28, 2004 at 18:17
Ive owned a 75 series troopy and a tray ,I put saas seats in both as they bolt straight to the original seat rails nice and easy.
AnswerID: 60673

Sponsored Links