Adventure-Overland: Transafrica - Panamericana and next? Part 2

Submitted: Sunday, May 15, 2016 at 08:15
ThreadID: 132416 Views:1627 Replies:0 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
My first Thread is already archived here:

http://www.exploroz.com/Forum/Topic/110563/Adventure-Overland__Transafrica_-_Panamericana_and_next_.aspx

So lets start again here - the trip is far away from beeing over :-)

----

At the next day I found a beautiful dirttrack. After 10 miles i did meet a Police car - which I did query about my Route-plan. "You can try" - thats sounds again like a challenge. So I did follow the track.

Looks I should start to navigate not only with the offline satellite Images on my IPad. I have too offline track & terrainmaps which Shows sometimes a bit more about the route...

Also with near 300 hp I did miss some power after leaving 3500m height in the andes. These steep hills are easyer to climb with Speed, but I had to use 4lo - and sometimes i had to go back and to try another path - also with 2 difflocks & muddies.

Since hours i didnt see a house or Person - an absolutely beautiful area and track!!

Beautiful Colors who you can also see in Iceland.

From the geysers I would have expected a little more, the Hotpod facilities seemed a little unkempt - and the water was for me wimps definitely too cold. So off to the mountains - the track will ultimately lead somewhere.

At a junction, I chose the way further into the mountains - but after another 20km, I discovered that the other track lead deep into a valley - what attracted me magically. So let's turn around and return.

During a short Navigation break some offroaders did meet up. The Offroad Club from Calama. We had a nice Chat, but they told me that my track will have a dead end, and it will be hard to climb up again under this conditions as a single car.

To drive back the same route - Sound great to me - it was such a great ride!

More you will find at the blog as usual: Adventure-Overland

4x4tripping
Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Sponsored Links