Brisbane Camper Trailers

Submitted: Sunday, May 22, 2016 at 19:43
ThreadID: 132491 Views:2562 Replies:2 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
Hi has any body had any experience with this company.
http://www.brisbanecampertrailers.com.au/

I'm buying the small car camper as it is (after countless searching) the only one that will fit in my garage with the Yaris. (and can be towed by the Yaris)'
I live in an Independent Living Unit Anglicare and can not park it on the driveway.
I have been a full time carer for
years, my wife is in the late stages of Alzheimer's. When she passes I plan to travel. I am well over sixty and slightly disabled. So small and easy was my criteria.

Cheers

Michael
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - John T (Tamworth NSW) - Monday, May 23, 2016 at 07:35

Monday, May 23, 2016 at 07:35
Good morning Michael

Whilst I have no lnowledge of these trailers I have had a look at their website and most if not everything in and on the trailer arrears to be made in Australia or Japan - the wheel bearings. One would then hope that the tradesmen putting the trailer together are doing a good job to ensure a long life for the vehicle.

That said, what is the tow capacity of your particular Yaris as the various sites at which I have looked see, to have some variation - 450 to 550 kts seems the limit.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do. I too am well over 60 and will be heading to central Qld in a few weeks to do volunteer work with BlazeAid for about 6 weeks

Cheers
John T (Lifetime Member)
VKS-737 Mobile 2619
Selcall 2619
"Argue for your limitations and sure enough they're yours" - Richard Bach in "Illusions"

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 600459

Follow Up By: Michael D23 - Monday, May 23, 2016 at 08:10

Monday, May 23, 2016 at 08:10
Thanks John for your kind reply.
Some extra details the 'Tent' part is a 'Austrack'.

Austrack

http://www.austrackcampers.com.au/product/austrack-camper-trailer-tent-scout/

Here is another Youtube video of camper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXrw5udfyhw

Thanks again

Michael

FollowupID: 869812

Follow Up By: Member - John T (Tamworth NSW) - Monday, May 23, 2016 at 09:26

Monday, May 23, 2016 at 09:26
Michael

That seems to be a well put together tent package so again good luck with it

Cheers
John T (Lifetime Member)
VKS-737 Mobile 2619
Selcall 2619
"Argue for your limitations and sure enough they're yours" - Richard Bach in "Illusions"

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 869816

Follow Up By: GREG T11 - Tuesday, May 24, 2016 at 20:48

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 at 20:48
Hi Michael, looks good and appears to be more than capable of going where your yaris can,so no fears on that part.

As I understand it apart from the obvious restriction of towing weight you have space issues. Is it length or width your problem? The only reason I ask is that there possibly is another option for you, a teardrop camper. For a single traveller I reckon they may be the bee's knees No canvas apart from an awning to get wet, and most have a pretty neat kitchen set up. There is nothing worse than having to pack up wet only to come home and set it up all again to dry out.

The K.I.S.S principle still applies to camping even though most appear to believe otherwise .

FollowupID: 869890

Follow Up By: Michael D23 - Wednesday, May 25, 2016 at 09:35

Wednesday, May 25, 2016 at 09:35
Thanks Greg
Yes they seem a great camper. I did investigate them. cost and access in and out with a arthritic disability - decided against it. I have committed to the BCT. I am awaiting delivery in 2 to 3 weeks. So far communication and slight changers to the trailer have been quickly and inexpensively accommodated by owner/manager Tony. I will discuss and post pics. Thanks again to all who responded.

Cheers
Michael
FollowupID: 869911

Reply By: Malcom M - Wednesday, May 25, 2016 at 07:47

Wednesday, May 25, 2016 at 07:47
You might try asking on myswag.org which is an Ozzie forum specialsing in camper trailers.
AnswerID: 600532

Follow Up By: Michael D23 - Wednesday, May 25, 2016 at 09:38

Wednesday, May 25, 2016 at 09:38
Hi Malcolm
Thanks I will
Cheers
Michael
FollowupID: 869912

Sponsored Links