Submitted: Wednesday, May 25, 2016 at 11:14
ThreadID: 132521 Views:2380 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Good morning, anybody else having problems with your account/profile here? Mine has been changed to a number 1034 and a completely different password. Just curious, have emailed Adele.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Wednesday, May 25, 2016 at 11:36

Wednesday, May 25, 2016 at 11:36
This can happen when your mail server rejects mail sent from our mail server - and since we use AWS protocols this flags your account as invalid and therefore disables your Member account. As you can imagine, we don't want to be sending mail to invalid users and this method automatically cleans up our mail list.

If you attempt to login and get a failure you might then accidentally register a new visitor account and not actually be reaching your profile at all.

It tends to happen more frequently after we send newsletters but the reason why your mail server rejects our email is out of our control and is usually an error in the config of your mail account.

We do deal with this occasionally but it is out of our control as the issue is something in your mail system rejecting ours. What you can do is ensure that you white list (or add to safe senders list) the exploroz system generated email accounts which are used to send newsletters, forum response alerts, blog response alerts, review response alerts, shop order confirmations, and all the other system emails. These come from info@exploroz.com, orders@exploroz.com and various others at the exploroz.com domain. Most mail programs allow you to white list a whole domain, so you can just enter exploroz.com and that should go a long way to stopping this from happening. I also suspect there is something odd with the gmail system when people use this as their mail account on exploroz but then setup a mail forwarding system to get that redirected from gmail to their other accounts. So look into that if that applies to you.

In the meantime, yes send us an email with your member number if you can't log in and we'll delete your new visitor account that is blocking you from logging in, and restart your Member account.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 600535

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Wednesday, May 25, 2016 at 11:45

Wednesday, May 25, 2016 at 11:45
Ok - I've just checked yours John and see there is another issue. I've just deleted your new Visitor account and you should be able to log in with your Member account. I do note that you have only just recently changed the password to your Member account so that might be something to do with it. I will send you a PM.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 600537

Reply By: Member - John - Thursday, May 26, 2016 at 08:33

Thursday, May 26, 2016 at 08:33
Thanks Michelle, seems to be working ok now. John
John and Jan

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message