GNARALOO WARROORA NINGALOO CAPE RANGE NP advice ?

Submitted: Thursday, Jun 02, 2016 at 02:25
ThreadID: 132610 Views:3722 Replies:6 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
First post on the forum! hello everyone! I'm going up north from perth towards the gascoyne region and then to karijini! what i need some feedback is with some advice on what station to stay at for different things. Got a kitted out 100 series, fully self sufficient with engel, solar, chemical toilet etc. We are interested in Surfing, Fishing, Spearing and snorkling. and would rather a moreso secluded spot away from the crowds with some good four wheel driving as well! a real aussie camping adventure. Where would you recommend on going ? we are going from June 30th until july the 16th. Here are some of the places i have been researching:
- Gnaraloo Station
- Warroora Station
-Ningaloo Station
- CRNP
- Exmouth (my mate lives there with a boat and all! Fishing +1)

what are your thoughts ? our main problem is the dates listed are in the school holiday period so it will probably be very busy, hence our need for a more secluded area. We will not have a boat until we get to exmouth, so kind of need a spot for beach fishing/spearing within swimming distance. If you have any advice for different places to surf for beginners/intermediates that would also be appreciated!

Cheers
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: nickb - Thursday, Jun 02, 2016 at 03:13

Thursday, Jun 02, 2016 at 03:13
Cape Range NP is now on a booking system and will probably be full during the school holidays.

The stations also get poked out during the holidays so you need to get cracking on the bookings!!!

I have stayed at Ningaloo Station at Winderabandi Point. Caught 2 fish in 3 days but I'm not the best fisherman. Beach and water were stunning, we only snorkelled out about 20m and wasn't too exciting unlike Cape Range NP.

That's all I can help you with-good luck!!!!!
AnswerID: 600834

Reply By: braggy - Thursday, Jun 02, 2016 at 08:00

Thursday, Jun 02, 2016 at 08:00
Have a look at Red Bluff on Quoba Station, just before you get to Gnarloo.
AnswerID: 600836

Reply By: Member - Wildmax - Thursday, Jun 02, 2016 at 17:21

Thursday, Jun 02, 2016 at 17:21
Quobba is good, but nothing beats camping on the beach at Ningaloo (South Lefroy); just a stunning place to spend a few days fishing, snorkelling or just lazing around in the sun. And for the surfers, Red Bluff is a stunner. Enjoy!!
Wildmax
2018 Hilux and Black Wolf 210 tent - for the outback tracks less travelled
Formerly an AOR Eclipse and a TVan

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 600855

Reply By: PhilD - Thursday, Jun 02, 2016 at 20:58

Thursday, Jun 02, 2016 at 20:58
Spent 2 weeks in May at North Lefroy on Ningaloo Station. A magical spot away from the hoardes. Best though with a decent sized boat to get outside the reef, where you will find Marlin, wahoo, emporer, tuna, snapper, Spanish macs......
AnswerID: 600868

Reply By: Sigmund - Thursday, Jun 02, 2016 at 21:34

Thursday, Jun 02, 2016 at 21:34
The Parkstay website gives you basic info on sites in CRNP, links to campsite mudmaps plus availability. Book well in advance to get your choice.

There's surf at Hunter's north of the Park.
AnswerID: 600873

Reply By: tayaus - Friday, Jun 03, 2016 at 12:42

Friday, Jun 03, 2016 at 12:42
Hey guys, thanks for all the replies, the feedback is much appreciated, didnt think it would come so quick. Rang up ningaloo turns out they are booked to the brim during those periods, emailed warroora, they said its not on a booking basis so they would have plenty of room! they seem quite a bit more lenient with camping as well. After that booked in one night at yardie creek, hopfully will get some more by the time we get there.
Cheers
AnswerID: 600895

Sponsored Links