Lennox Heads Tracks

Submitted: Friday, Jun 03, 2016 at 18:22
ThreadID: 132633 Views:1601 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
We are staying up at Lennox head for a week from next Wednesday and my wife and I would like to have a couple of day trips out on the hinterland tracks, taking a picnic lunch.
We have heavily modified 2100 series,
Any suggestions?
Keith
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - mark I - Sunday, Jun 05, 2016 at 19:45

Sunday, Jun 05, 2016 at 19:45
Hi Keith, Nobody has chipped in so I will make a few suggestion, after the rain we have just had in the last 24hrs, 300mm here at my place and more up in the hills but it might be ok by wednesday. Nightcap National Park, Cape Byron, Minyon Falls should be spectacular, Mt Warning, South Ballina beach to Evans head drive as long as the beach hasn't washed away. There are lots of fire trails up in the hills but this rain might make them a bit challenging. Good luck with your stay.I hope the weather comes good.
Mark
AnswerID: 601017

Reply By: Member - Robyn R4 - Sunday, Jun 05, 2016 at 21:45

Sunday, Jun 05, 2016 at 21:45
Good luck finding any tracks, Keith!
We went searching around the Murwillumbah hills to Kyogle and up via Lismore and Mullum about 3 years ago. We wanted to test the new you-beaut off-road tyres we'd purchased.
We learned that on the coast here, so many tracks are either closed for baiting or gated permanently. Again and again we found that "that interesting track" was actually someone's drveway and we eventually gave up on the idea of doing that in our local area.
If I remember (and don't quote me on it!!) you can access the beach down Brunswick way (up at Pottsville and Cabarita it's permit owners only). What about heading for a nice beach run instead?

Robyn :)
AnswerID: 601024

Sponsored Links