Mansfield Area

Submitted: Saturday, May 29, 2004 at 12:09
ThreadID: 13268 Views:1325 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Good Afternoon All,

Well I finally pickup the Terracan on Tuesday and we are heading up to Mansfield on Friday for the weekend.

What are your recommendations on tracks in the region.

Has anyone been that way lately? Has the bit of rain affected it much and are most tracks still open.

Not looking for anything too difficult just yet, need to get to know the "Jerrycan" first.

Jim.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Crackles - Saturday, May 29, 2004 at 15:48

Saturday, May 29, 2004 at 15:48
Gaday Jim. An easy drive to get to know your new bus would be to take Carters rd (from Sawmill settlement) up to Mt # 3 & Razorback hut, drop down to Pineapple flat then up the King river. Loop around the Little Cobbler track camping up at Cobbler lake. There are a couple of short walks to the nearby falls. On the Sunday take the staircase track (if you like a challenge) dropping down to King hut again then up to Craigs hut via the circut rd. The Stirling trk over the summit is already closed so head back around the circut rd to Howqua gap. If you have time you could also check out Bindaree falls or cut accross to Mt Buller.
Rivers are still fairly shallow at present. Check the forcast before you go as we've had several falls of snow already this season. Have fun. Cheers Craig..............
AnswerID: 60761

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Saturday, May 29, 2004 at 15:54

Saturday, May 29, 2004 at 15:54
Numerous tracks closed early this year. check with the parks website, I posted a link to it few weeks ago, its in the archives. ALSO call the parks people Friday before you leave, some that were closed 2 weeks ago werent on the parks website, after talkin with the 2 parks babes drivin roundin the 75 ute

Rain effected?? Well wasnt 2 weekends ago, but stil the Yotas struggled.. :D
AnswerID: 60762

Reply By: Jimbo - Saturday, May 29, 2004 at 16:11

Saturday, May 29, 2004 at 16:11
Thanks Gents

Jim
AnswerID: 60764

Reply By: terracan tim - Friday, Jun 04, 2004 at 00:52

Friday, Jun 04, 2004 at 00:52
Well I am taking my terror can out this weekend only done 200kms going up into the hills around moe in vic to see how the 4x4 handles found it to be a great car around town to drive so it will be interesting to see how it goes looking forward to here from jimbo to see how he goes in mansfield this weekend if I didnt have to work on saturday I would have seen if you were intrested in meeting up there to test out both our terror cans maybe next time you go e-mail me at tjdonogh@internode.on.net and we might meet But I will be moving to the NT later this year and look forward to doing some 4x4 driving in the outback had a pajero last time up there and it was great went everywhere sold my patrol to buy this one so I hope it doesnt let me down

tim
AnswerID: 61600

Sponsored Links