Article Comment: ExplorOz Traveller Feedback & FAQ

Hi I emailed today about downloading on external SD card & Michelle sent me the link to this page. My question now is, I have managed to download the whole of Australia 577k offline maps but don't have enough room for any of the 144k downloads. What will I miss out on by not being able to download these? Other than this problem we are very impressed with the App. Can't wait to get out there and use it.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Thursday, Jun 09, 2016 at 21:24

Thursday, Jun 09, 2016 at 21:24
Rob you miss 2 zoom levels in the offline map but you can still overzoom your 577K to show at 288K using the overzoom feature. When you have internet service you can still access online EOTopo 144K maps and/or select the Streets & Paths maps and Satellite maps.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 601172

Follow Up By: Member - Rob69 - Thursday, Jun 09, 2016 at 22:40

Thursday, Jun 09, 2016 at 22:40
Ok thanks Michelle, looks as though I will be able to download a couple of the 144k maps, could you please tell me the boundaries of the Central, West and East? Do they run roughly along the state borders? Thanks Rob
FollowupID: 870532

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Thursday, Jun 09, 2016 at 23:00

Thursday, Jun 09, 2016 at 23:00
Yes as close to the borders as possible but are vertical cuts so the cental one is 300m east of WA border, finishes 300m west of NSW/VIC/SA border.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 601175

Sponsored Links