Article Comment: ExplorOz Traveller Feedback & FAQ

Hi, I had set navigation map in settings before finding your note in FAQ. I now have the blank screen. Turning off the unit doesn't help. What do I try next? Regards,Pam
Pam & Grant

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Friday, Jun 10, 2016 at 10:45

Friday, Jun 10, 2016 at 10:45
There was an update loaded to the stores last night to fix this issue so it will update your device automatically. However there might still be a delay in the iOS one being released to your device but it will certainly happen within a few hours so just wait for that, or go back into the store to check for the update - it is V1.6.15
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 601184

Follow Up By: Pam P (VIC) - Friday, Jun 10, 2016 at 13:07

Friday, Jun 10, 2016 at 13:07
Hi Michelle,
I had already uploaded the update before contacting you. It made no difference. Did I try uninstalling the app?
Regards, Pam
Pam & Grant

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 870540

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Friday, Jun 10, 2016 at 14:16

Friday, Jun 10, 2016 at 14:16
Yes Pam unfortunately you will need to uninstall and reinstall then. However, don't rush to download the offline maps. Just get the app setup with Places and Treks and check using the online maps and then switch to the included offline base map. Only then once its all working go to download the 4 premium offline maps. Thank you for your patience. Let us know how you go.
Michelle Martin

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 601191

Follow Up By: Pam P (VIC) - Friday, Jun 10, 2016 at 16:10

Friday, Jun 10, 2016 at 16:10
Hi Michelle,
Thanks for the information. I have Traveller reloaded and working so my next step is to load the offline maps.
Is it possible to set a way point using lat / long co-ordinates and then navigate to that point? We need this facility for a trip later in the year.
Regards, Pam
Pam & Grant

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 870542

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Friday, Jun 10, 2016 at 18:27

Friday, Jun 10, 2016 at 18:27
Hi Pam,
Yes I had wanted to have the lat/long coordinates in the initial release so as we are now tweaking a couple of small other things and adding updates we have just written that into the pin drop. ie. when you drop a pin to store current position or press hold a position on the map it will open a window to allow you to create a temporary Place at that location - to create one for a specific known lat/long you simply type the coordinates into the box to overwrite whatever is there - give it a name and store it as a Private Place. Hope that helps.
Michelle Martin

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 870549

Sponsored Links